Monday, February 2, 2009

Impossible Pie...






This is for my daughter Shelby as she really wants this recipe of Impossible Pie that I used to make years and years ago. I apologize for the messy dish and the pieces missing but YUM it was good.


Place in a blender the following:


1 C shredded coconut


1/2 C (1 stick) soft BUTTER


1/2 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon or allspice


3/4 C sugar


1/2 C flour


pinch of salt


2 tsp pure vanilla


2 C milk


3 eggs


Blend well and pour into a large greased (Pam spray) piepan.


Bake at 350 degrees in oven approximately 40 minutes. The coconut will form a lovely brownish crust on top and the flour forms its own lower crust. This pie tastes like a coconut custard. I like it warm from the oven or cold from the frig. I just like it! YUMMY!


Let me know if you make one and like it. There are also recipes for Impossible Buttermilk Pie, Impossible EggNog Pie and numerouse meat versions for main course dinners.


Have a wonderful first week of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.