Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mystic River...



This is my beautiful necklace from my birthday visit to Gioielli's in the Gold Country. Dear Hubby bought this lampwork bead and the sterling silver findings and the Italian mesh ribbon for me for my birthday. Of course it is much more beautiful in person as my photography is not the best.
The lampwork bead is amazing. Lots of detail that does not show in the photo. I believe the name Mystic River comes from the greenish trail that runs from top to bottom on both sides of the approximate 2" pendant.
As for the Italian mesh ribbon I actually have two colors used here. A beautiful darker blue and a very stunning greenish gold which both are exactly represented color wise in the bead. I have ruffled both colors of mesh ribbon as I like this look. Included in with the mesh ribbon I have added two complimentary colors of mohair yarn just to give the necklace a bit more fiber detail.
This necklace has so much texture with the lampwork bead, ribbons and fibers that it is very soft and feminine. The colors are spectacular and actually are working very well for fall.
I am loving my birthday present and never minded the fortune of being able to help select the components at my favorite bead shop and then be able to actually put it together to fit me perfectly. Thank you Mr. Dear Hubby. I am also thankful you like the finished product. :o)
I look forward to making more very special pieces with these types of materials that I shall offer in my etsy shop in the near future.
Have you worked with Italian mesh ribbon? Please let me know what you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.