Monday, September 20, 2010

Flowers of paper or fabric...

A simple flower made from paper, paint, my trusty heart punch, a button and some thread. These are fun for package toppers. Add a magnet to the back and it becomes an additional gift for the recipient who opens their package.
This flower is made from scraps of fabrics, laces and ribbon. A pin back and it is ready to wear or place on a pillow or drapery for that whimsical touch.

One of my fabric and paper greeting cards with a rolled fabric flower for embellishment. Lots of glitter makes it sparkle. A couple of suede leaves mimic the printed fabric leaves.

This time the flower is the fabric print and I have sewn it into an envelope with a nice coordinating wool felt lining. Notice the fun leaf stitching on the vintage seam binding edge?

Here is the finished fabric envelope with some lace, ribbon, a button and thread and a finishing touch of suede leaves.
Each of these little gifts are easy to make and take very little time. You could make some and have them handy for those "surprise" gifts we always need to have on hand for extra people or extra occasions. I would always rather over-give than under-give...kind of like being under-dressed rather than over-dressed.
Now that the weather is cooler and we are spending a little more time indoors it is nice to have some precious time to sew or create and feel the accomplishment of finishing something.
Happy creating this week.




22 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful, what you've created. I'm beginning to look for snowy days that lead to play days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, they are so wonderfull things all-beautifull little gift objects,-and your flower made of scraps, is just gorgeus, I so love it, amazing with all its different materials.
    xo Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovelies! That first one is a real stunner. I love the variety in your pieces. Hope you have time this week to create more!
    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great creations. I love making flowers and your are just lovely.
    Your fabric envelope is really pretty too.
    You always make fab stuff!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you loads for your continued support .. i appreciate it..
    I am loving that big yellow button flower.. I think mixed media monday is buttons this week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous...gorgeous work! Shine on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooohhhh! I LOVE these! Those flowers are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I llove making fabric flowers too, sweet blossoms and that envelope you did is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, your happy hearts in the previous post are ADORABLE!! What great idea, Mrs Createology.
    And the paper + button flowers are as clever as can be. Happy happy creating! Thank you for these lovely ideas, I will try these with my little ones on a rainy afternoon. Think they will just LOVE the happy hearts.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness..these pieces are wonderful! Beautifully done! Your work station is so well organized. Looks like Such a Nice place to work. My favorite piece today is the gorgeous envelope. It's perfection!

    Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of them are so beautiful - I especially like the second one. It looks so fun and funky and would be a lovely pin to wear. You are right about over-giving rather than under-giving too - it feels good to give someone that extra bit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Flowers are lovely! Love the idea of using all the odd pieces. Thanks for visiting our blog and for your nice comments. Love Elna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful. I really have to learn to use my machine...just sitting there :-(

    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love your creative creations!

    the flowers are so sweet...i want one!

    and the fabric envelope is just darling..you are so right, we should always have a little extra special something on hand for those surprise gift giving opportunities that tend to present themselves when we aren't prepared! lol

    the cooler weather has certainly sent me indoors and into my studio for more creative time lately as well..and that is NEVER a bad thing in my books!

    ciao bella

    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a nut for flowers and yours are so sweet...scraps are such "a good thing". :0)

    Thanks so much for visiting with me.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. These flowers are beautiful!! And the little fabric envelopes are awesome...so romantic I think!

    Thanks so much for stopping by :) You're always so kind and sweet and encouraging with your comments, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just thought I would pop over to say hello. I just love your creations. So unique and pretty too. Hope all is well with you. Hard to believe it's fall already,but I do love this time of year. Have a very happy weekend.
    xoxo
    Janet Bernasconi
    Janet's Creative Pillows

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your flowers are gorgeous and I love that envelope! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are such cute flowers ... what a great topper to a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.