Friday, March 11, 2011

NOW is working for me...

I love learning new techniques for handmade things. It is part of what I truly enjoy. However, I usually see a tutorial and think "Hmmm...that looks really cool and I could make that". So I save the tutorial over in a file and usually never get back to it. Therefore I miss out on so many great techniques. Always thinking I will get to it when I have time. Alas, my 2011 word NOW is actually working for me as I decide to try that new technique now instead of waiting.
For those of you who follow the extremely talented Jillayne of A Fine Seam you have seen her amazing unique ruched flower. Please visit her blog and try her great tutorial.
This is my first that I tried and feel it turned out pretty well. I used an inexpensive muslin fabric. I know I will be making many more of these fabulous flowers.
This is the same flower as above but with an antique button in the center.
Thank you so much Jillayne for so generously sharing your talents and techniques with us.
Now my mind is busy thinking of the many colors and combinations that this flower lends itself to. All of the many uses for embellishing is also taking over my thoughts. Try this for your Mother's Day gifts.
Once again my creative muse is fueled by the wonderful people here in Planet Blog.
Will you try this technique? What will you do with a beautiful ruched flower?
A very happy and creative weekend to all...


20 comments:

  1. OHHHH a new kind of flower and its darling!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's beautiful! It looks like piped cream on top of a cake!

    How true what you say - I'm forever saving things to my favourites or making a note of things I want to try - and very rarely get around to them! 'Now' is good, maybe I should try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like NOW! and I love your rusched flower!! ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've discovered another thing that you and i have in common......i have a "tutorial file" too!! and i'm going to add this fabulous little flower to it.....and try not to wait too long to make one! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. So many uses too. Great!
    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fab! I follow Jillayne, too, and loved her ruched flower: in fact I've already made several from her tute.( I'll be posting it later...maybe next week) Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this...just too gorgeous! I'll have to check out the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower is just gorgeous! You did a really wonderful job - LOVE the nice sunny color. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful..I adore all your creations...this is an enchanting piece..so fun and dazzling!! yay!!!
    yes so many creatives out there..it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like a burst of sunshine Sherry! (You, not the flower - well, yes the flower but definitely you).
    It is so pretty in yellow and looks just perfectly done! I want to try a red one - can you just see that for Christmas - even a napking ring?
    Thank you for the very kind words - all of the bloggers I visit share and inspire so much and I am happy to give a little back for all I have received - what a great circle...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made these when I did some dimensional applique. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your flower and your efforts at "now" - both are quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Sherry,
    how totally summer, this gorgeus flower is,
    I love Jillaynes tutorial, too, and you made a beauty out of it, dear.
    Happy week-end to you, from me.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful job! I saw Jillayne's tutorial too and haven't tried this yet. Gorgeous!!!!
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. I shall have to try this. Thanks and thanks for the visit. Chester Jr. is now demanding rain gear. He is so spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a beautiful flower, Rella. I think I have another site to visit!

    Do you have your baby yet? I am so anxious to hear how things are going!!!

    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, this flower is beautiful and I love the color too--it is so bright and happy!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Love it with the antique button in the center. It is so large that I might have to layer a few things in the center if I try my hand at this tutorial. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your flower is fantastic! Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.