Sunday, July 10, 2011

Celebrations Complete...

Ahh the Grand Lady, Elsbeth, herself. A gathering to celebrate her 90th birthday. It was a wonderful celebration enjoyed by many. The setting was beautiful. The food divine. Red Velvet cake for the finishing touch.


Our table decorations were a welcome addition. Bookmarks and candy for all to take home.


Happy Birthday Elsbeth and may we celebrate many more.


This was also my annual girlfriend road trip and the week passed by so quickly. We leave the husbands and our fur-child kitty cats home and off we go. We spend the week with Elsbeth and have a great time telling stories, playing Scrabble, going out to eat when we aren't eating all of her delicious home cooking and relaxing at the dock on the lake. This year our trip was over July 4th so we enjoyed a huge fireworks show down at the lake and it was spectacular. I saw amazing fireworks I had never seen before and some of them had sound effects like sparklers. I lived many years right near Disneyland so believe me I have seen a lot of fireworks in my day.


It is always so good to be home and in my very own bed. My BooBoo kitty is not letting me out of her sight. I shall be spending my week catching up on laundry, grocery shopping and other assorted household and yard chores.


Most of all I am looking forward to catching up on my favorite blogs and see what each of you have been busy doing. I have sincerely missed you. I had no computer, no internet, no access of any kind for over a week and I truly missed my daily blog perusing. I know I owe some serious thank you notes and will get to them as quickly as I can. I had a stack of mail awaiting my return and fortunately little packages of bliss out-weighed bills. I will need to really use my time management skills wisely this coming week in order to get it all done.


Thank you for all of your comments and emails. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. May you have a wonderful week and make all the creative art that makes you happy...





6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful celebration and a fabulous girls getaway! We just returned from 10-day in Nepal so I am playing catch up too. A couple more loads of laundry and then there is still all the dusting and housecleaning. A little at a time.

    Hope you got all the new computer software kinks worked out. One summer while the kids and I were away, my husband reformatted our home computer and I lost all my photos that were there .. including the ones of when my mom came to Kuwait to visit and when we went to Thailand. :/

    Have a great week. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful celebrations, and the head person looks not at all like 90 .
    Dear I hope you recieved my thankyou mail for the cute chick ?
    Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsbeth looks good for 90! Who says eating cake is bad for your health?!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful week.
    My Katie kittycat sulks if she is left on her own for a few hours and 'talks' my head off when I get back, so a week ...I'd have to wear earplugs!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really fun road trip.
    Looks like a festive birthday celebration for you friend.
    Happy days.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a wonderful time for all. It was lovely to see how it all came together, especially after you had blogged about some of your creations. Those special things make it personal and oh so special. You're a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! It looks like a lovely day for everyone; she doesn't look 90!
    Thanks for sharing with us; happy you got away! I am sure your efforts were so appreciated~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.