Monday, September 22, 2014

Magical & Happiest Place...


Mr. C and I were Magically Happy to recently spend the day and evening at Disneyland.  Yes, just the two of us "grown ups".  Twenty years ago we celebrated our engagement of marriage right here at Club 33 in New Orleans square, Disneyland.  Mickey Mouse even attended our dinner party.  It was magical and I was so happy.  As a child I never got to go to Disneyland even though we lived in Southern California.  Unknown family reasons that a child who loves everything Mickey and Minnie cannot possibly understand.  I have since made up for my lack of visits even though I am a big girl now.  Fortunately Mr. C indulges me and joins me on my visits.


Disneyland is all decked out in Halloween pumpkins for a big celebration.  I had never seen this before.


We also did not realize that young children dress up to attend and spend the day enjoying their favorite characters.  This little girl really is living her dream.


Yes...I was thrilled to see Minnie and Mickey (no photo shared) greeting us as we entered the grounds.


It was a very hot day and Mr. C was very patient waiting in lines.  We did ride on Small World.


Here is my very HAPPY Mr. C riding on the carousel.  This actually surprised me when he suggested and did this.


Here are the butterfly girls marching/dancing in the nighttime parade.


Here I bid you adieu from my carousel horse that I rode.  We had a wonderful day enjoying the Happiest Magical Place on Earth.  Thank you Walt Disney and your incredible vision.  Thank you Mr. C for making me very happy indeed.
Our closest huge wildfire named the King Fire out of Pollock Pines is still raging and has burned over 87,000 acres and 136 square miles of land.  We are safe but choking on very thick smoke for days now.  I cannot complain as I am so very thankful we are not in the fire.  My prayers are still with all who are affected by loss, evacuation and/or fighting the fire.  Very grave circumstances in our dry drought scorched land.
We are staying close to home and putting together our best plans...just in case.  Being prepared is something that we always think of doing "sometime".  "If not now...when" certainly applies to this also and not just creative endeavors or using the good stuff.
I spent today at my local Chamber.  I truly enjoy helping with office tasks and meeting folks who are visiting.  Maybe this week I will get creative in my studio or sewing room.  What are you creating or doing?  Do something that makes you happy.  Creative Bliss...
P.S.  Thank you so very much for your visits and comments.  I so enjoy reading them.

16 comments:

  1. on our local news channel all the way up here in Canada they have been telling us of your regions disastrous fire, I have been thinking of you, such a beautiful time you had with your handsome husband, my gosh you are such a beauty,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT YOU DID THIS!!!!! You are married to SUCH a trooper, my dear (and you look FABULOUS in those photos - jealous!)!!! I adore a good carousel ride more than anything I can think of. And for Mr. C to go on It's a Small World...my husband went on that with our small children, and almost shot me halfway through! Stay safe in all that smoke - hoping for some relief for you SOON! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. can see you are both children at heart and had a wonderful time. It is hard to imaging fires like you are experiencing I pray no one will be lost whilst fighting or being rescued

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day. So glad for you. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disney really is a Magical Place. Not only for young ones but for adults as well. Mr. C definitely is a trooper. My husband is the same. He always says, if it makes you happy it makes me happy.
    Thanks for sharing the photos of your Magical day.
    I am busy with the house chores and getting ready for my next cruise. This one is very different since I have to pack for crafting.
    Hope the fires settle down. It is a terrible thing to have to go through.
    Happy crafting to you. Hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are so adorable! There's a little place in all of our hearts that never grows up...and that's so wonderful! Love your photos, pretty girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry, I am keeping California in prayers for these fires to burn out soon. Some rain would certainly help.
    Love your pics from Disneyland. The pumpkin decorations are amazing. Your and Mr.C look so happy riding on Small World.
    I went to Disneyland when I was 12 years old on a vacation trip. It was such a magical place and I still remember everything and have pics from that visit.
    So glad you are enjoying going now after missing out as a kid.
    We are all kids at Disneyland aren't we??

    Have fun creating when you can. Thank you for stopping by. Happy fall.
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to celebrate your anniversary - back in that magical place we all love so much - DisneyLand for you/DisneyWorld for us on this coast! Looks like you had a marvelous time.
    Do hope and pray for you all with that huge fire so close. Just hope it can be controlled and extinguished soon!
    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. This brought back very fond memories of my visit years ago! How fun for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like you had a wonderful time in the Magic Kingdom. I went there often as a child growing up. I worked at Disneyland when I was 19 years old too. My friend whom I have known since I was 10 years old has worked for Disneyland since she was in her late teens, although she works off site the last several years. So many changes there over the decades and so many things are still the same too. It's so expensive to go there now, yet I remember the ticket books and you could also pay about $3.50 for admission without the tickets. Oh those were the days, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear Sherry,
    what wonderful photoes of you and your husbond ! You looks fantastic, and very happy.-and I caN TELL you both had a great day !
    I would have had that ,too ,:-) A beautiful way of celebrating your 20 years of marriage.
    And please take care in all the smoke, I dearly hope it will soon be over!!
    Hugs to you,
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how fun to spend time at the happiest place on earth!! The photos of you and your hubby are fabulous!! I love the pumpkin Mickey!!

    I pray that you stay safe from the fires and that they are extinguished quickly. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. A woman after my own heart! We lived in Florida for awhile and our favorite fun place to visit was Disney World. It is great to get lost in the magic, and they do it so well.

    I am so saddened by those horrible fires you are experiencing. Pray you and your home stay safe, and the area gets some much needed rain. So sad and scary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about the wild fires so close to your home. Must be quite a worry, but it sounds as though you are prepared for everything - let's just hope you won't need to be though.

    Loved seeing your happy photos from Disney, it must have brought back lovely memories once again of your engagement party. Sounds strange you saying you spent only the day and evening there - when we'd have to travel several thousands of miles. You're lucky living so close.

    It is one of my husband's favourite places - Disney although we haven't been to California - just Florida and Paris both of which were wonderful.

    Take care, and keep safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had fun remembering the day. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's been way too long since I've been to Disneyland. It looks like you had a great time. Now I want to go, too! I'm glad you're safe from the fires...be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.