Thursday, April 28, 2016

Friendship Quilt Block...


I have always been in love with fabrics and I have sewn for many many years.  What I do not do is quilt.  I find it too precise and exacting and I am not so good at math.  However, I do attempt making blocks from time to time.  In the past I learned how to sew a "Friendship Star" block.  When some of us were invited to create a quilt block for our friend Lindsay of LindsayOstrom blog, I knew exactly what I would sew.   I dug out some of my fabrics and the traveling images were just right.  Lindsay loves a good road trip. I sewed my block and delivered it to our local Ben Franklin so that Francis could put them all together and make a quilt for Lindsay.  When I turned it in they gave me a fabric pen to sign my name so Sherry is printed on one of the little girl's suitcases.  I took this photo before I added my name.



Lindsay has been going through a rough patch with her ailing mother and taking care of both her parents way out of area.  I am so grateful for being included in this Friendship Quilt project.  Linnea actually took this photo and was instrumental in helping create this quilt.  Here you see Lindsay hugging the quilt while some of her friends honor her and lend support.  My block doesn't show in the photo but I know it is in there. 
Nothing creative going on here as I just finished my six week jobette at the Chamber.  Six weeks turned into ten weeks as the bookkeeper resigned.  I would have loved to stay on permanently however Mr. C and I have some plans that are already set in motion and working did not fit into those plans.  I am happy to say the Chamber has hired someone I like and I have done some training with her.   She will fit into the Chamber family quite nicely. 
Our weather has been all over the spectrum from Spring Sunny and gorgeous to rain and hail and very cold temperatures.  Winter never leaves completely until well into May and sometimes even into June. 
Next time I hope to share some lovely photos I captured on a little local trip Mr. C and I took.
May you be rejoicing in your Creative Bliss.  Hopefully I shall get back to my beloved blogging and creating now that my schedule is more open.  Spring Sunshine and Smiles...

16 comments:

  1. You've created a beautiful block - your friend is going to love this quilt. Not only is it really pretty and colourful, but there's a lot of love that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt square you've created!! I love the travel images you included!! It's so colorful and fabulous!! What a sweet gift for your friend!! I look forward to seeing pictures of your trip with Mr. C!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your square is wonderful and looks so exact!!! Glad you are done with your 'day job' and ready for your next adventure. Off to back home in Michigan on Sat. Looking forward to seeing kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That block is perfect for a traveler! Enjoy the extra free time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Sherry, the ME travelers blocks are so cute! You worked them into that star block in a great way. Enjoy your little trip and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have used the picture blocks in the corners might just steal that idea in the future.
    Wonder where you are off to for your trip, take some photos for us to see. Snow here today and then the sun comes out next minute snowing again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is stunning. The quilt is such a special idea..a true labor of love.

    So..have a great vacation!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a great friendship star block Sherry. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet your block for the quilt is! Looks like your fear of preciseness is unfounded. You might like the Buggy Barn Quilt patterns - there is absolutely no matching of seams or points (at least on the "non-traditional" ones), and they are SO much fun to put together. Great job, Sherry! AS ALWAYS. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. stitched with love,, how beautiful is that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, I sew but don't quilt. But this was a really good project to get involved in, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That block is so cute...love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just super! It will be a great addition to your friend's quilt. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet friendship block for the big quilt you all together, so dearly ,created for this friend, in nee d of kindness, dear Sherry.
    Love the little traveling pictures, there, and the whole quilt looks wonderful sewn together.
    I hope it is something lovely you and your husbond are up to, very soon...maybe vacation :-) ,here the weather is again sunny, and warm, and this time I hope it goes on like that !! :-)
    Warm hugs from me.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful you could take part in this lovely project, Sherry. You friendship block is beautiful. So nice to see all the blocks sewn together in the project. I hope you will have a lovely sunny May weather. Take care, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful quilt block design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.