Saturday, May 21, 2016

15,000 Tulips Outing...


In mid-April Mr. C and I went on an outing to see 15,000 tulips.  We merely needed to drive about 45 minutes from our home.  This is an annual event and yet we had never attended.  I am so thankful we did this year.  If you want more information just click this link.
I will let the photos speak for themselves.  I took these on my Canon Elph digital and never retouched them so you can imagine the glorious sight to behold in person.  Please enjoy as I will remain quiet.  If you click on a photo it will appear in a larger format to see the beauty more clearly.












Now you want to plant some tulips don't you!  This was such a beautiful outing and couldn't have been a more serene setting...even with lots of other visitors enjoying the tulips.
Our weather turned back to Winter and it is cold, rainy and even hailed yesterday.  Lots of fresh snow higher up in ski country Tahoe. 
I am busy catching up from another trip Mr. C and I recently took and I shall share that very soon.
Embracing Creative Bliss even though I have not spent any time creating anything.  Blessings...

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I so want to plant some tulips!! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! What a fun event to attend!! I have one lone tulip that pops up every year...sadly, it didn't this year. Thank you for sharing these...I'd love to see them in person!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is lovely, what an amazing adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the photos, I have tulips in my garden but not 15000! They hve been very good this year unlike the daffodlis that had leaves but seemed to have lost the flowers, maybe time they were dug up but due to knee problems will have to stay in hopefully they will flower next year, tulips could do with lifting and splitting, planted them in sets of 3 now there are 6 in some of the clumps, of course the nicest ones have not multiplied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulips look stunning and is that Wisteria that I can see. . Glad you enjoyed your trip out. We have several places local yo us that we have never visited. No excuse really. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holland Michigan has a tulip festival that we have gone to several times. I love tulips...so do our moles. :(
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos- thanks for sharing them. What a refreshing field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful photo of the two of you and what a perfect setting! Thank you for sharing all of the beautiful tulips and was that Wisteria hanging on the roof?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear friend, so good you are safe home again, Sherry, I hope it was a very enjoyable tour.
    Oh yes the tulips are stunning, and I so love all the tones in pinks, and purple,...I`m not much of a red and yellow woman, but all together they looks so beautiful, and it must have been so amazing to see this place.
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tulips! I used to have a lot of tulips when we lived in WA state. I like the fringed parrot tulip because it's so different. Looks like you had a wonderful time Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely photos! Loved the wisteria. A beautiful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - this must have been breathtaking! Tulips and a tree loaded with wisteria! Quite a romantic, your Mr. C, to take you on such a romantic little outing. Love that little chapel. Happy Sunday, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. To me tulips represent hope. Hope for new growth and warmth. Must have been amazing to see so many all in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you finally made it there. Must have been a sight to see. That feathery yellow tulip is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tulips are my favorite flower...love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely. You have been gathering inspiration and creative bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did it smell as heavenly as it looks? Gorgeous! Great photo of you two as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW what beautiful tulips in a gorgeous setting. So glad you got to go there and enjoy the beauty. Love the photo of you and Mr.C. You two are a beautiful couple. Thanks for sharing the tulips. I really need to plant some bulbs for next spring.
    Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.