Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Meeting a Blog Friend...


Hello and I am so happy to be home and able to use Mr. C's desktop computer.  We have been gone and I have lots to share in the next few posts.  If you follow Carol of Just Let Me Quilt you recognize her in this photo.  I was the lucky one to be able to meet Carol while we were away visiting her home town.  We are both smiling and we had such a wonderful visit.  I felt so comfortable with her and our time together was way too short.  Carol's husband and my husband came along and were able to enjoy chatting with one another.  I would have liked to spend a day shopping with Carol and she was more than willing...however our time was overrun with meetings and data gathering.


Carol was so sweet to bring me a gift of some DecoFoil for the cards I create and send each week for Random Acts of Mail.  Thank you Carol for the time you shared with me and the gift of creative fun.  Next time I will be certain to save lots of time for the two of us to explore all the many quilt shops and more. 
Home Sweet Home and lots to do to get caught up with unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping and general house and yard cleanup.  I am already seeing some Fall decorating from some of your blogs.  I still have some Summer to enjoy.  I have a niece and three sisters arriving the first week of September.  We will be having a multi night slumber party and general all around reunion.  I am so happy that I can be the hostess for this and that my home can accommodate us all.  Mr. C might want to run away and visit lots of his guy friends.  He likes my family however he likes peace and quiet even more.  Safe Labor Day holidays to everyone.  Embracing Creative Bliss...

17 comments:

  1. Welcome back and I'm quite jealous! lol Yes, fall will be here much too soon but lets enjoy the flowers and friends while we can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you two were able to meet and share a bit of time together. Blogging visits are so fun.

    Welcome back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you've arrived home safely, and wonderful to see your smiling face in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to meet up with a blog friend in the real world! Enjoy your family visit, that will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! If you ever get to the Chicago area, be sure to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice you and Carol get to meet up!!! That is always fun to meet fellow bloggers isn't it!!! Yep, yep...my hubby is the same...even my kids or grand kids upsets his 'routine' or home life...sigh...and I love to entertain or have family over...but doesn't happen all that often...oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry, what fun to meet up with a blog friend. You gorgeous girls look like you are having fun by the beautiful smiles. I've met a bunch of blog friends and it is really special. So glad you had a great time.
    Enjoy the last weeks of August my friend. I am so ready for fall. It's cooler now in the 90's and you can feel a change in the air.
    Wishing you a great week. Hugs and Blessings.
    Happy creating!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have long admired Carol's quilts. I just left her sight because I remembered she had posted wonderful Halloween pieces. It's so much fun to meet someone you have met cyberly.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so much fun to hangout with you...can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be very nice to meet a blog friend! Glad you girls were able to ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so happy to be together. It is nice to be able to meet up with blogging friends. My internet has crashed again so I'm back on the iPad to comment. Have fun with the deco foil. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you two! What fun to meet! Enjoy your September Sisters Swarm! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photo! So glad you were able to meet your friend and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to meet a blogging friend! You guys are so cute. Sounds like you had a lovely and productive time away. Look forward to hearing what adventures are ahead. Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to meet a bloggy friend!! What a beautiful picture of you two!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful that you got to meet a blog friend. I was able to do the same in VA. Just returned to Kuwait last Tuesday after settling my youngest boy in at college. Just me, hubby and the cat now. Enjoy your girlie time. I'm glad Mr. C found a place to get away to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.