Friday, September 9, 2016

September Sister's Swarm/Storm/Soiree


We all survived...including Mr. C...and by this photo he actually had a little fun.  I didn't even know he knew how to photo bomb!  Well done dear.  Sisters from left are Joyce, Renee, Marie and Niece (Renee's daughter) Celeste.  Celeste drove from Tucson to Fullerton to gather up her mom and then drove here to Northern California.


Mr. C took this photo so I could be included. 


My sister Renee on the left is my Sister-of-the-Heart.  She always looked out for me and then took me in as a teenager while she had a husband and three children.  At the time I had no idea what she took on, however, now I am so very grateful and appreciative for her love and care.


You can't tell by this photo but I surprised her with an A and W root beer float...in a child's size vintage mug.  Several years ago when Renee was visiting she found two mugs in an antique shop and gifted them to me.  Our family loved to go to the drive-in A and W's for root beer floats.  Yes, I did make full sized floats for all of us.  Memories are such an important part of our lives and we shared old ones and created new ones.


This day made my heart sing!  My sister Renee is beading and my niece Celeste is sewing.  My studio and I were so very happy.  While shopping locally Celeste found her Halloween costume and was enhancing it.  I will post photos of her after the big reveal.  Renee had brought along an antique necklace of gorgeous glass beads (over 100 years old and from her paternal grandmother).  It was strung on something like bakers twine.  It had broken and a few beads were lost.  We managed to incorporate some new vintage beads and restrung it on fine jewelers wire.  I also created a pair of matching earrings.  I can't believe I forgot to take finished photos!


Here we are relaxing on the deck.  I had purchased really great canvas bags from my Chamber of Commerce gift shop and then I filled them with fun goodies.  Feather boa, feather mask, Crayola crayons, adult coloring book, jar of bubbles and a pocket letter for each sister with assorted goodies in it (chocolate!).  Everyone had fun with these. 


And because we were having a slumber party (Marie had never been to one) my daughter told me we needed to play games.  Well I don't like playing games and therefore I didn't plan any.  Bless Celeste because at the last minute I told her she was in charge of games...after all she is the youngest of us!  Well here we are having a tattoo party. This is at about 2 AM so we are all blurry eyed.  Celeste works for a company in Tucson that makes temporary tattoos and she brought a box full of all assorted styles.  We really did have fun with this.  There are tattoos that you apply and then with a smart phone app they come to life.  Celeste put on a green frog and with the app he came to life and moved all about and made the croaking sounds.  WOW! 
I am so very grateful Mr. C and I were able to host this September Sisters Swarm.  It had been five years since we all got together here.  We talked about the next one being in Tucson. 
Fall is here and the temperatures are cooler.  The deer are eating everything in their reach.  Squirrels are gathering acorns and eating pine cone seeds.  I was going to share our last road trip however I shall save it for next time.  The sisters just couldn't wait! 
Embracing Creative Bliss...(at least I hope to get back to my CQ class and my Needle Tatting).

19 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing! I don't have any siblings but if I did I would love to do something like this. I can see the joy on each of your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sherry, it looks like you had such a wonderful time with your sisters and niece!! The photos are so beautiful!! The one of Mr. C photobombing makes me smile!! I'm glad you were able to get together and had a great time!! Family is everything!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time you had with your sisters and niece! I could almost hear the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so wonderful! what an awesome day for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful time you all had together! And sharing your studio and creativity must have been icing on the cake. Root beer floats- we have a tradition of those, too. July 4th is when we serve them. A warm and wonderful time for all of you- so happy to see these photos. And thank you for identifying the Corvair in the photo of the vintage camper in Maine I showed on my blog. I'm not sure I knew they made a Corvair wagon, but that's the look for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a great get together. I can imagine the memories you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderfully fun time was had by all! It's heart-warming to spend such time with family. May you spend some creative time this weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness, I enjoyed this post so much, I have goosebumps clear down to my toes! I sure hope you don't wait five years to get together again! How wonderful for your niece to bring her mom! I'm so glad you got together and had so much fun! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful time you shared with your sisters and you will remember this special time so well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry. Long time I don't leave a comment but I have visited the blog and read all the wonderful things you have been creating and doing. What a fun time with your sisters and niece. OMG, a tattoo party. My sisters hate tattoos, maybe I should host a tattoo party and have them cover themselves up with tattoos. I on the other hand love tattoos. I don't like them to be visible, nor do i like them all over the arm or legs on a girl, but I don't mind a few that are meaningful. I myself have 2 and no one really sees them. Thank you for sharing your wonderful time with your family. By the way, MR. C was awesome with the photo bombing. LOL. Take care. Crafty hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry, what a fabulous time you girls had. Love all the photos and the smiles of joy!! Get togethers like this are so special. You are a beautiful family!! Thanks for sharing!! Have a great week ahead and happy tatting.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful memory you all created this weekend!!! What fun you had as well!!! Family is so important and wonderful you were all able to get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like an amazing time. Lucky you to have such fun sisters to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Special! I just bet you had the best of times. A&W floats! Making Memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous of the sisterly fun! My sister does not care to respond to my attempts at closeness. I'm so pleased with your event and feel the love.

    *hugs*
    ~Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I`m late, dear Sherry,
    What a most amazing weekend you have had together, with your sisters and family . So much fun and closeness, and the play with the tattoo , oh you have laughed all night I guess :-) I`m happy for you, you could make them all visit, - Have a new lovely week, dear.
    Hugs ,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know you ladies had so much crafty fun. Your gift bags sound fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a precious way to spend time with family! Don't wait another 5 years and thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.