Friday, October 6, 2017

Autumn CQ ATC...


I am challenging myself with doing a CQ (Crazy Quilting) ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap put on by Pam Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs.   I am new to CQ and yet it has charmed me and I want to pursue doing more of it.  Please check out Pam's blog for the swap details and you may want to participate also.  Pam you and your Crazy Quilting magazine are sew much inspiration and I am truly grateful.


My blog friend Renee of Hand Stitched Treasure blog helped with a three part tutorial on how to create the foundation and then how to do seam treatments and also how to finish the ATC for swapping.  You can check out Renee's blog and see for yourself.  Thank you very much Renee.  In this photo I used some hand dyed thread gifted to me by my friend Theresa (no blog) to needle tat an embellishment.  Thank you sew much Theresa.



Here is the back of my ATC all ready for swapping.  This template is from Pam to use in the swap.


This is the little envelope for holding the ATC during mailing in a stamped envelope.  Pam provides the instructions and templates.  I have also received lots of inspiration and techniques from Mary Anne of Magpies Mumblings.  She does amazing CQ work and her blog banner displays one of her Autumn designs. Thank you sew very much Mary Anne for all of your guidance and inspiration.


So this is my little 2.5" x 3.5" ATC for swapping.  I welcome constructive criticism and know I have lots to learn.  I did take a Basic Crazy Quilting online class from Kathy Shaw and it was wonderful to introduce me to CQ and give me lots of techniques.  Thank you Kathy for your free classes.
Autumn is here and the weather is cooler.  The colors are happening and the grey squirrels are extra busy gathering their Winter harvest of acorns and pinecones.
Happy Halloween and Fall decorating my friends...<3
My heart is heavy and my prayers are lifted for all in the Las Vegas tragedy.  Healing Energy Please!

15 comments:

  1. Sherry, your crazy quilted ATC is fabulous! Purely delightful! It sure doesn’t look like you’re just beginning this technique...looks like a Pro at work here. I love all your details and beautiful stitching. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sherry: I LOVE your Autumn ATC. Your work is impeccable, and I love all the little stitching! Someone is going to be thrilled with their ATC, for sure.
    Weekend blessings to you, my friend.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crazy quilting! You did a great job. I was making a pillow cover years ago that I never finished. Perhaps an ATC is more up my alley. Quick and simple. :) Terrible times we are in, very concerning because of imbeciles that rule this world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sherry , I think it is gorgeous,- no mistakes to be seen for my eyes ,- only lots of amazing stitching, and a beautiful result, the receiver will be so happy !!
    Also here fall, is showing dark sky, wet sky and wind!!! Not too uplifting , but I hope it is only me, feeling a little out of shape.
    Hugs to you, dear and a happy weekend !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little touch of autumn! You are learning fast Sherry as your little ATC is lovely! Someone who receives it will treasure it. I have a quilt friend who loves CQ and has made larger CQ 's. It's a great way to showcase hand embroidery. Enjoy making more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really lovely - you've obviously absorbed all the teachings very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful ATC. I do love crazy quilting but never have tried one. This little one would be a great way to start. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Sherry. glad to see you creating. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my friend!! I'm so happy to be back and visiting your blog to see the gorgeous projects I've missed while I was away!! This is so gorgeous!! I love the design and all of the details!! Amazing, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing to me! I could never do those little stitches like you do. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww - thank you for the accolades! Your little atc turned out amazing and you have good reason to be proud. Someone will be lucky to receive it in the swap, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is simply amazing...must have taken so much time...but the results are fabulous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this one! Someone is going to be very happy with their ATC, sweet friend.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ATC card is darling! I wish I could tat. Beautiful work! I am glad the tutorial helped. :) Mary Anne's blog is incredibly inspirational, isn't it? The recipient of your ATC will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.