Thursday, March 8, 2018

Camping Themed Pillowcase...


Earlier this year Mr. C nd I were invited to a fun grown up Camping Birthday Party.  It was held indoors due to weather concerns.  So, knowing the comforts we adults prefer, I thought of a pillow.


I found some fun camping themed fabrics and a nice coordinated solid to compliment the band of the pillowcase. 


I have made many of these in the past.  Mostly when I made them for children in the hospital.  This is referred to the "Burrito Pillowcase" and here is a link to a wonderful how to by Jenny Doan.  Very easy to sew.


And just like magic the burrito becomes...


Here are the three fabrics I used.  It is beginning to look like a pillowcase...


Viola!  A completed pillowcase.  All ready for an adult camping event.  Great gift idea for any occasion and you can make them any size from very small to very large.
We had Snowmagedden last week and for five days straight it snowed and we shoveled, broomed, snow blowed and bladed.  All total we had about 2 feet.  Now it is rain and helping to wash away the snow.  I hope our water table for Northern California is happier.  The ski resorts are certainly happy.  Tragically there were some avalanches and some people got saved, some got saved though injured and a couple people did not survive.  Always the danger when there is such a lot of fresh snow. Prayers for safety for all.
March came in like a Lion and the days are roaring quickly by.  Spring is closer every day!  Yay!!! 

15 comments:

  1. Great camping themed pillow case, Sherry! I have not made pillow cases...yet. Maybe one day. I hope your water table is happier too. It’s always a struggle in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indoor camping. Sounds like fun! We had 8 " of snow here ourselves but we are used to it. Still cold here, but I did see my first robin so spring can't be far off. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I'm sure you whip them out in no time. March sure has been cold and blustery and downright stormy for so many folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Very classy,too. We were on the edge of the one up here but just cold, no rain, so spring has been pushed back but it will surely come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now the snow has departed I hope you can get those buyers in to view. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indoor camping sounds like my kind of adventure with no ants or bugs crawling on me. Fun! Love the pillowcases and how easy they are to make. I need to make some new ones for the Monkey Boys. Stay warm, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love to camp and I love this pillow so much!! The fabrics are so awesome!! And what a fun idea to have an indoor camping adventure!! Wow, so much snow!! We are snow-free at the moment, but it is chilly. Flowers are popping up so Spring has to be on the way!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! The fabric you found is amazing! I cannot say I am much of a camper. Brownie Troop leader and my son's were Cub scouts. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillowcase was the perfect gift idea! You’re so smart! Stay safe and warm. I know you like snow, but I’m sure you’re ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid fabric for your pillowcase. Snow sounds inconvenient but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indoor camping Sherry sounds like fun! I just love the fabric you used to create the pillow case!
    Hope the snow is melting away for you now!
    Hugs to you,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Sherry, the pillowcases and the fabrics. I love a pillow whether at home or away. The "burrito" method is easy + cute. 'Hope the snow isn't hindering you too much traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of these days I plan to try that pillowcase pattern - perhaps for one of our grandsons. So sorry about the snow and all the work it entails, but even sorrier about the slides....that's just plain scary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope to get around to making some of these pillowcases. I have a pair that my cousin made for me and I will need to change them out soon. they are gingerbread and are Christmasy looking, but I love them. i guess I will need some for Spring soon. haha Yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pillowcase is darling! I am so sorry to hear about the tragedies with the snow. So sad. Wishing the best to you and Mr. C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.