Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Comfort Dolls...



Good Morning and Happy Wednesday.
I feel extra good today as I am mailing out some Comfort Dolls to Pat Winter who so generously organizes and distributes these to womens shelters all over the country. Check out her blog: http://www.comfortdolls.blogspot.com for more information on how you can support this very worthwhile cause.
I merely took a vintage fabric panel and stitched and stuffed these little angels into "comfort dolls". They each have Swarovski sparkle eyes which I like to think shows us all that we can have a "twinkle" in our eyes even when our situation seems the bleakest. And each doll has a heart button to remind us that we all have heart.
I will find comfort just knowing that each recipient will hopefully have a smile and know they are thought about and wished the strength and courage to improve their lives.
Today I shall spend time with some dear friends as we have lunch together and share lots of laughter.
Life is all about the caring and compassion for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Your beautiful dolls arrived and will be heading to their new homes very soon. Thank you again for your donations and for the beautiful dragonfly card and ATC. It will hang above my desk in my studio to remember a sweet and generous lady...who also happens to be quite a beauty too! Loved your new pic :-)
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.