Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's good to be home...

Oh it is so good to be home. Dear Hubby and I are safely home after spending 20 days away. I am still recovering from exhaustion but today finally feel like I will survive. This is the only photo of me that I do not look as weary as I felt every day. This was early in the day before the grind of museums or hill towns got me drop dead worn out.
Our destination was Italy...Florence, Cinque Terra, Pisa, Tuscany, Umbria and Rome. In the next few weeks I shall tell more in detail. As for now we had beautiful weather with only one morning that rain drenched us and shortened our plans. We had excellent travel with planes, trains and automobiles. DH plans everything so well that we really were well prepared for this trip.
As you can see from this photo we ate our way through Italy. This was homemade granola (muesli is what they call it...I prefer granola as it sounds so much better to me) with some strawberry yogurt. I have lots of photos of food that we enjoyed which I shall share along the way.
My goal was to find bead shops in Italy for my new jewelry line "Adorn Me!". Well that proved to be very difficult however I did manage to find a couple and will share these adventures as well.
As for now, I am catching up on tons of laundry, reacquainting myself with our beloved aging fur-child kitty and enjoying friends who are all too willing to listen to our travel tales. This entire trip was a no techno gadget time for us so you can imagine how much I missed reading all of your blogs and now I am catching up on those too.
"There is no place like home" and it is so good to be back in my beautiful cozy familiar home. I am extremely grateful for the trip of a life time and the experiences and memories it allowed me.
Now it is time to get into the studio and get to making jewelry.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I can't wait hear about your adventure. And I agree with you - travel is wonderful but I too get exhausted and am always glad to return home. Lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew! but what a wonderful trip it must have been..thanks for stopping in on my little party ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Createology! I loved your comment on my blog. We seem to be like minded artists with the materials that we use for our art :) and we've probably crossed paths at Ben Frank and didn't even know it, lol.
    Can't wait to see your Italy pics. Reminds me of my trips to France, so fun, glorious but still nice to get back home all safe and sound and with ideas filling our minds of art :)
    blessings,
    starrydeborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.