Monday, July 28, 2014

August Swap Completed...


Once again I was able to participate in A Swap For All Seasons.  The month of August was themed "Just My Style" and had no color designation.  This is the card and tag I created to send out.  Summer is my favorite season and this image just said Summer to me.


I contacted Joyce whom I was to send to.  Her blog is Scrap for Joy.  I found out she likes red and aqua so I gathered a few destash items in those colors and sent them off.  The one item in purple was her favorite...a bubble wand.  Blowing bubbles is also a very Summer thing to do.  Actually for me it is any season.  Joyce was very sweet and let me know she really liked her package.


All of this is what I received from May of May's Happy Daze blog.  Not only did May mail from the UK she stuffed the envelope ever so full with all of these wonderful goodies!  Her card and tag are elegant and I love them. I am "gobsmacked" with all the beautiful and generous paper images, ribbons, buttons, laces, bits and bobs, and even some tea to sip while creating.  Thank you very very much May.  I am "chuffed to bits".


I truly love this swap Linda has created and facilitated.  Thank you Linda.  I will be signing up for September!  After all Halloween is not far away.  My calendar pages are turning faster and faster as I try to keep up.  Are you already creating for Halloween?  I know my daughter is already purchasing and preparing for her 2nd annual Halloween Epic Party.  I missed last year and will probably miss this year too.  Actually I don't do scary very well.  I attended Knott's Berry Farm Halloween event one year and that was too scary for me.  I about died while sitting outdoors having dinner and some sort of unseen Zombie grabbed my ankle under the table.  Never!  Again!  Ever!  I get scared just normally and that was too much for me!!!
Wildfires continue in too many places.  So far we are safe.  Prayers continue for all those affected.  We truly need rain...lots of rain.  No lightening...just rain!
I have been spending all my spare time and beyond sorting beads.  Upcoming post for certain.
What have you been doing as July comes to a close?
Creative Bliss Continues...

19 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked my stash items I sent I hope you have fun creating with them....I adore the tag & card you sent Joyce... she will have lots of fun with these amazing goodies.....I too Love this swap Linda is one special lady...Enjoy your cuppa... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such beautiful things your friend sent, sure you will enjoy them. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry, what a wonderful swap. You sent your partner a beautiful assortment of treasures and you received great items from the UK too. Looks like everyone had great fun and now looking forward to September which will be as fun for sure.
    Yes, I have begun creating for Halloween as my customers are already asking for shabby pumpkins. Like you, I'm not into the scary Halloween events either. I prefer a harvest Halloween and no zombies grabbing ankles. LOL

    I hope you get some much needed rain. We are dry here too and it's been very hot in the triple digits.
    Enjoy a wonderful week sweet friend and the last of July.
    Hugs


    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great swap, the people that receive your gifts will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always send such lovely packages, Sherry. I'm sure your partner was just as chuffed as you were. What a fun swap!

    I don't do Halloween well, either. I can just imagine all sorts of "accidents" that might have occurred had someone grabbed MY leg under the table! Goodness, gracious! lol

    I can't believe how quickly this year is passing, my friend. Have the hours in a day become fewer in our maturity? I can't think of any other explanation. <3

    Blessings to you and yours across the miles. We turn for home tomorrow and I look forward to settling in back in Florida soon.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful items you sent (you know I adore that summer beach image!!) and what beautiful items you received!! What a fun swap!!

    I pray that you get rain soon. We are having a strange summer...we hit record lows today. Windows open, jacket in the morning...in late July!! I hope you have a wonderful week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a lot of fun - thanks for sharing the swap site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful packages- coming and going! I'm so glad you joined us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented and productive! Geezzzzz These swaps are the best and folks get to receive a little bit of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great swap and so many goodies coming and going! Halloween....Stop...Not yet! lol

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traveling, studying, and enjoying your post today! "Gobsmack" and "chuffed." :-)

    Happy week,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sherry--
    That's the most beautiful summer card I've ever seen-- if you ever make them to sell, I want one:)
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your beautiful card.I am amazed at all the talent you have. Always something new to find when you post. So glad you have not had to deal with fires. We have been lucky here but we are not out of the woods yet. We did get one down pour last week. I wanted to go out and dance in it. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great swap, you received some
    amazing goodies!I'd be thrilled to bits. Can't wait to see what you do with the beads.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

  15. May sent you a package full of treasures I would have also be thrilled to receive.
    What a great swap partner

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely swap - all the items sent and received are lovely. Hope you are enjoying your Summer Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous swap...great stuff coming and going! It looks like a lot of fun!

    Happy creating!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful and generous swaps you participate in. So many nice gifties you received. Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness... I haven't joined in a swap in ages. Looks like fun!

    I read in the post previous that you live in California too. I thought that was funny, fashionable California Brown.... cute! I can so relate. We are now on a two day watering schedule. (we live in Fresno) the only thing green around here is the money you have to spend on the water LOL
    big hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.