Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Blessings and Gratitude...


As quickly as the hours are turning from morning to night and back again to morning I feel I need to post my Thanksgiving photos and savor them for a few days.  I don't normally go for trendy pieces but this Jim Shore Pumpkin really spoke to me several years ago at an after holiday sale.  It is my focal piece and reminds us to "Count Your Blessings".


I am not big on decorating for holidays so this is my only vignette.  One simple sofa-back table with some of my very favorite pumpkins displayed.  Most of these have been gifted to my by special friends over the years.  Now if you happen to spot Mr. Frankenstein...well...he is just having some leftover fun from halloween.  He insisted on coming home with me one day from a church thrift store.  Now how could I resist his charm?!!


This painted gourd is one of my favorites and I have shared it before.  The little mouse peeking at me from the side is my favorite.  I am grateful for the many memories these pieces all have.


A couple of years ago I was very fortunate to be gifted by Mr. C this lovely "Harvest Nest" created by the very special Vicki of Two Bags Full blog.  I look forward to displaying this each Fall/Autumn.


May all who celebrate Thanksgiving share blessings and gratitude with family and friends.  Mr. C and I will be home enjoying a small intimate celebration.  No crazy crowded shopping for us.
Our weather is clear but we do have some rain in the upcoming weekend plans.  Unfortunately we must travel by car on Saturday and Sunday.  We will hold prayers for our safety.
May everyone all over this world stay safe and be grateful for every day of life.
Now to find precious time to create and enjoy all the wonder of this holiday season.  Sharing Joy and Peace...

19 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Thanksgiving vignette!! The pumpkins look so beautiful!! I hope you and Mr. C have a very happy Thanksgiving!! Praying for your safe travels on Saturday and Sunday!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The Harvest Nest is just fun to look at. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are actually getting me in the holiday mood!!! HA What great piece you have!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post... I am in love with the table runner, and your harvest's nest.
    Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. your holiday piece are beautiful, have a safe journey my friend and a very happy thanks giving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drive careful this weekend. Wish I could send you the rain we had today in Orlando....Holy molly we had a ton!

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Saucy Chick you! Life has gotten in the way, and I had to fall out of blog reading for a few weeks. Be back in a week, and will play catchup then - in the meantime, I wish you and Mr. C the most wonderful of Thanksgiving Days...XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving Sherry and Mr. C.!
    Add my prayers for your safe travels this holiday weekend - I hope you have a very enjoyable time...
    I love seeing your special vignette of pumpkins - such wonderful creations, all pieces of art, and lovingly cherished.
    Peace and plenty to you,
    jillayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your display of pumpkins. I enjoy watching and seeing everyones displays. So fun to watch and get ideas for myself. Love Frankenstein. What is there not to love about him?
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with Mr. C. And have a safe trip.
    Hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your display of pumpkins. I enjoy watching and seeing everyones displays. So fun to watch and get ideas for myself. Love Frankenstein. What is there not to love about him?
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with Mr. C. And have a safe trip.
    Hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanksgiving is over for us but gratefulness never is. We have snow and my fall display looks a bit dated but I'm not yet ready to change out my fall colours for white snowmen with red or blue scarves. Yes, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear Sherry,
    so many fun and sweet pumpkins ,you have collected and been given over the years .And Vicki`s nest is wonderful, too-
    Sherry take care ,and travel safe this weekend.. and a wonderful quiet and cozy Thanksgiving day ,to you and your husbond.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely display you have created from over the years. Hope your journey over the weekend will be ok. We have rain here in the UK. It is so dull and miserable out. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Though this is not an Australian celebration, I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. All your decorations look lovely. I especially love the nest. Nice and messy! thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sherry, your decorations displayed are beautiful and just the right touch for the season.
    Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving and a day filled with special memories.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving dear Sherry! You have a wonderful collection of pumpkins, and oh that adorable mouse, so much fun. Safe travels dear, take care. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, you are so lucky to have one of Vicki's nests! Gorgeous! Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Jim Shore's art work! You have a lovely thankful display. Vicki's nest fits right in and is beautiful!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.