Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sparrow Takes Flight...


Last month I decided I would stitch one of these little Sparrow blocks for Jenny's Operation Sparrow. Jenny of elefantz blog is such a sweet lady and offered her precious design free to those of us who wanted to participate.  Thank you sew very much Jenny.  If you wish to participate it is not too late.


I first stitched this one in a Sulky varigated blue thread.  I wasn't very happy with the single thread look and I just knew I could do a better job if I tried.


Today my little Sparrow took flight to Operation Sparrow.  He didn't fly alone.  I stitched a companion for the Operation.


This little Sparrow wanted to be shades of yellow and gold.  Sew...I used DMC thread with two strands together to get much better coverage of my stitching lines.  Both little Sparrows are happy and glad they can go to a good home and help others.  Safe Flight my little Sparrows...
I have enjoyed putting needle and thread to fabric and creating something "Tweet".  I look forward to continuing my stitching fun.  Now with the daylight lasting longer into the evening I just might be able to stitch while "viewing" (I really listen more than I watch) TV in the evening with Mr. C.  I have shared before that there can be no lights on during TV time as they distract him.  It is the only time he sits still for a few minutes and the least I can do is sit with him like he wants me to do.
I see so many of you are actually finding Spring arriving in your neighborhoods.  The promise of new leaves and flowers and hearing the birds singing is miraculous and I never tire of it.  Spring Sunshine to all.  Thank you for leaving your comments which I adore reading.  I am able to sneak in a little more time to visit your blogs now so I am a very happy girl.  Creative Spring Bliss...

20 comments:

  1. Wow, these are both so stunning!! I love them!! You did such a fabulous job!! I can't just sit and watch TV....I listen more than view, too. I have to multi-task. I'm usually visiting blogs or working on posts while it's on :) Spring is finally starting to arrive - yay!! The daffodils are popping up (not blooming yet, but soon!!) Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second strand does seem to make a difference but they are both lovely, Sherry. Yes, the daylight is staying much longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitchery! Embroidery is something I hope to try when I retire. It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stitchery so much...so beautiful...
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sherry, your yellow sparrow, is so lovely, I admit the 2 threads together, gives a much more defined sewing line, -the red one is so lovely ,too. Here spring is starting to show, too :-)
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sew enjoyed seeing your tweet stitching! I am loving the longer days...I wish we kept this time year round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet design...and the yellow/gold combo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your work is beautiful-love her pattern too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet stitching on those beautiful birds...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet little sparrows. My stitches for embroidery definitely are not neat, so I've done very little of it. Lovely of you to participate i the project. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous pattern of the sparrow and you have done complete justice to it in both cases. Simply gorgeous and ready to fly!
    Creative joy,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. you do such beautiful stitchery, and such a wonderful purpose! No spring here, just snow, snow and more snow,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute sparrows, Sherry, and a good cause, too. The days are getting longer, but the snow is still sticking around........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again your beautiful work for such a good reason. How very kind of you. I love the longer hours of light so I can paint or play with my two little rascals outside.I am watyching what the weather will bring this summer. No snow in the mountains does worry me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sherry-- your embroidery is just beautiful... I like all the versions but I think the red is my favorite. The pattern is so pretty-- you are a dear soul to help with this project.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sherry,

    I am sew pleased that you are enjoying embroidery these days. Your work is simply lovely and "tweet."

    Hugs for Holy Week,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely pattern and you stitched it beautifully! Have a very Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. See what happens when I drop the ball on my blog reading (though I know I was here and THOUGHT I left a comment before - apparently I was daydreaming)...this is SO pretty - I do love hand embroidery...it is so relaxing to me. Bless your heart for always being so giving - the project this winged to sounds wonderful. Happy Tuesday, my friend - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's really a sweet birdie pattern for stitching. I actually love the delicacy of your single strand stitched blue bird. But, really both are sweet tweets!

    (The photos still don't all load, so I'm just going with the ones that do load.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.