Monday, March 30, 2015

Thankful HeArt and Day Tripping...


After I received the lovely HeArt from Manu (linked to post) and blogged about it I received some lovely comments. One of the comments was "oooooh I love Sacred Hearts. So very beautiful. I would love to have a few in my collection of pretty things. Hope you're having a wonderful day."  This came from Holly of HollyLovesArt blog.  Those of you who follow me know I love to surprise my faithful followers from time to time.  I contacted Holly and obtained her mailing address.  This is the HeArt I created and mailed to her.  My favorite things...lace, tulle, seam binding, ribbon, marble, charms and beads are what I used to create this for Holly.


The back just to let her know where it came from.  Holly was very pleased.  I hope you visit her blog and see her adorable Phoebe fur-child.  Holly does some amazing art that is wonderful.


After I spent the past week in jury duty, Mr. C and I decided to join our car club and take a little day trip to Jelly Belly.  If you haven't ever been and like candy then you will enjoy the tour and gift shop. Oh and they hand out samples!  On this trip Mr. C's Lotus V8 Twin Turbo Esprit turned 30,000 miles.  Quite the milestone!  We had a lovely day and visited with many friends we don't get to see very often.  This photo of me is with my friend Catherine who has tried and tried to help me learn French.  I am afraid she must give up as I just do not have the flair for language like I would like to have.


This is coming into the perfect weather for Mr. C to be driving his beloved car and enjoying it. However on the drive home it decided to blow the left turbo seal.  That is a very bad thing!  I am just sick over this for him.  It will require an entire engine removal and rework.  I am hoping the downstairs project can be completed before he begins this massive project. The weather was perfect and we did have a lovely drive...until we were about 10 miles from home.  Of course he limped his baby home to tuck it safely into its garage and snuggle cover. Such a beautiful car it is!!!
I have lots of cleaning and chores and catching up to do.  I missed all of you and your happenings.  I missed my commitments for all of last week and now need to get super busy.  Jury Duty honestly exhausted me and each evening I couldn't even function.  I found it to be extremely stressful.  I certainly learned the definition of ad-nauseam. Thankfully we completed our task late on Friday and did not have to extend into this week.  Whew!
Spring is here and the birds are singing.  The pollen is falling and the earth is dry.  Plants are begging for water.  I seriously need a crew to help me with everything...however I shall merely tackle each task and do what I can knowing Life Is Good and I am so very fortunate.
May you be enjoying Spring and Creative Bliss...

20 comments:

  1. Sherry,

    You always see the pluses in and among all the minuses. I'm grateful jury duty is over for you, and especially that no one was hurt when your hubby's beloved car-baby blew. *sigh* keep plugging along on the downstairs... I can't wait to see you and your good man's creativity!

    Hugs,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry. You surely had a busy week and weekend. Now you must take some time to play in your studio. Chores will be done later, but if you are like me, that will not happen. Chores first play second. We have nice warm weather but no rain. We have been turning on the sprinklers daily because the grass is so dry its like waling on hay.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing to do. The heart you made is beautiful and I am sure Holly was so happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the good news is that you had a lovely day and were 'almost' home. Now relax and enjoy the spring. Lovely heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart is lovely! I read "marble" in your description and had to hunt- it's the small heart attached, right? Looks like a fun outing- but not a good ending with the car malfunction. Pollen on top of construction dust? Not fun either. Hope you can catch up and catch your breath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, what a lovely RAK! You truly made this a gift from your heart.
    hugs and JOY,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sherry ,
    What a kind thing to gift your blogfriend with the lovely sacred heart,- and yes I know your kindness !!!
    The tout to Jellly land sounded wonderful, only I`m sad for you both, that the car did not like it and blow the left turbo seal- so annoying. And I understand so well, that you hope for your husbond, that he can finish your home, before startingfixing the car Sherry. I also dearly hope for you and everyone else living in your area, that water will soon fill the wells !!
    Hope your easter will be happy !
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful work of HeArt you created! Too bad about the car...sounds like lots of time, work and $$$ to fix.
    I need a crew to help me as well, but like you I will do what I can each day and be thankful.
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH La La (the extent of MY French)! What a car (sorry about the mishap with the engine), and what a fun outing. And, my creative, caring friend - the heart you gifted Holly with is SO you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry about the car. It is a beauty. I can see the pride Mr. C has in it. Your heart is gorgeous and has me wanting to get back into my sewing room. Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry, So nice to catch up with you tonight. Love the heart you made for Holly. So pretty!! So sorry to read Mr.C's beautiful car has some troubles. I hope it all goes well when he begins working on it.
    Love your pics and the weather looks so pretty there now. We hit 88 degrees today and it was beautiful.

    So glad your jury duty is over. I had to go twice but was never picked. I can see how it would be exhausting.

    Wishing you a wonderful week and Happy Easter my friend.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherry, So nice to catch up with you tonight. Love the heart you made for Holly. So pretty!! So sorry to read Mr.C's beautiful car has some troubles. I hope it all goes well when he begins working on it.
    Love your pics and the weather looks so pretty there now. We hit 88 degrees today and it was beautiful.

    So glad your jury duty is over. I had to go twice but was never picked. I can see how it would be exhausting.

    Wishing you a wonderful week and Happy Easter my friend.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  13. The heart is lovely...so sad about Mr. C's 'baby'!!! Hope she can 'rest' until her 'surgery'!!! Hope the house remodel can get finished quickly....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow a whole week in jury duty! Obviously you got picked for a case..yuk, I have escaped that. Sorry about the broken engine, bummer. Love the heart

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a shame about Mr. C's baby. I'm sure he'll have it purring and back on the road asap. That's a lovely sacred heart-so beautiful, and no doubt a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely RAK you made for Holly. No wonder she liked it. Hope the rest of the renovations is going ok. We or rather the workmen start here in a couple of weeks time. The electrical work has been completed but not without mishap Wish I could hibernate until it is all over. The weather is certainly right. for it Very windy cold and raining here at the moment. Wishing you a Happy Easter break. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad that you were able to have some fun after jury duty, I am also sorry to hear about Mr. C's car. Your heart is lovely and I am sure that it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sherry, stopping back by to wish you a very nice weekend filled with Easter Blessings.
    Happy Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous heart!! You decorated it so beautifully!! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip but ugh, sorry about the car trouble. I wish I could send some of the rain we've been getting your way...there was flooding just south of here. The daffodils have finally bloomed so I truly feel like spring is here. I hope you have a very happy Easter :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such a lovely giving person, this pretty heart was a perfect gift. I think you must be the queen of Acts of Kindness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.