Sunday, October 18, 2015

Love Notes & Surprise Mail...


Happy Sunday and Autumn Weather.  Cooler temperatures and we actually had rain that measured about 1/2 inch.  Thank you Mother Nature and friends for keeping good thoughts for our rain.
I am participating in Love Notes and enjoying it so very much.  There is a FaceBook group but I believe it is closed.  I mailed this Sunflower postcard to my swap gal Randi.


Love Notes is such a simple task yet it has such a powerful appeal to us all.  For three weeks only we mail a postcard to our swap partner.  Each week we get a prompt from Jennifer who organizes Love Notes.  Doesn't this postcard just make you smile.  And that was the prompt...


"Smile because" [we] will never understand all the good that a simple smile can accomplish. Mother Teresa  How smart and wise Mother Teresa was and she is still helping us all to be better humans.  Thank you Jennifer and Randi.  I am loving Love Notes.


I believe everyone loves to get surprise mail when it includes a beautiful gift.  This Box Pouch is from my blogging friend Robbie.  She is amazing in her creative ventures and her work with fabrics is beyond perfect.  Please visit her blog Robbie's Paw Prints to see more of her works of HeART.


Here you can see some of the embellishing she does on her fabric pieces.  With thread and needle she stitches extra love into her works.  You can click on the photos to enlarge them and see her beautiful French Knots and stitches.  Robbie even sent me the link on YouTube so I can make these fun and practical Box Pouches.  Now I can share the link with you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KChUsEJPHqk&sns=em  These will make wonderful gifts for the upcoming holiday season.  Thank you Robbie for always thinking of me and gifting me with your beautiful hand crafted gifts.
I am seeing some new visitors to my humble little blog and I am very grateful.  I read every comment and I try to respond to each one.  As a long time blogger I am so happy to connect with other creative people all over the world.  I am always amazed at how I can type a few words and attach some photos and then someone from another country can read and respond.  Amazing and Wonderful.  I am truly grateful for blogging.  I am seeing more and more people who are leaving their blogs and are only doing FB or Twitter or Instagram due to the speed of sending a message or photo.  I will continue to blog as long as possible and I still write and mail the old fashioned way...letters and postcards.  I am so grateful to be able to connect with like-minded creative souls who share so generously what they make and many times how they make it.  Now I shall go write some Love Notes and Random Acts of Mail and my day will be complete.  Creative Bliss...

19 comments:

  1. Love Notes...sorry I missed that group. I share your sentiments on blogging. Life is too short for Facebook, Twitter, etc posts. Or is that it I just have too much to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous box pouch you received!! The postcard project is such a fun idea!! I love the pretty sunflower postcard!! I'm so glad you had rain...every little bit helps :) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunflower card is wonderful. So nice to be able to return some 'gifting' as you are 'gifting' us with your words, work and artistic ability!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the love notes. What a terrific idea!!! I checked out the box pouch and it looks like fun. I watch Shabby Fabrics also because she has wonderful tutes. I am going back to check out the tote. I like the triangles. I also love to blog and share what I make and where I get the tutes from. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love notes, happy mail, box pouches, aaaah. The simple joys of friendship...you have a beautiful heart and therefore attract beautiful hearts. I'm happy that you got some rain, Sherry. We got some hail and snow today. Odd weather...but a pretty fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The postcards are fantastic! The Love Notes group sounds wonderful. :) And your Box Pouch is such a sweet gift. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link! What a great little bag! :) You have had a completely wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet and thoughtful gifts. I agree with you about the blogging too. I have met some fabulous people (like YOU Sherry!) through blogging. Facebook can connect you faster, but I think it is more impersonal, even though it's suppose to be about chatting with friends. All I see there is people posting videos or other things and not chatting personally about a thing! I don't do Instagram or twitter at all for the same reasons, it's not personal at all. I guess blogging has become a dinosaur, huh? Well then girl we are two dinosaurs, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Love Notes are such a wonderful idea. I love the box pouch too - great colors and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely love notes. I admire the pouch too. Good to read you have had some rain hopefully there will be more soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recognized that bag right away! Lucky you. The Love Notes mail group is a fun idea. I laugh at FB. Friends who aren't friends at all. Cryptic Status Updates. Hit and Run commenting. On the other hand, family keeping in touch across the country and world. Business owners promoting their business. Important information spread across the web faster than any other method. It's really pretty amazing.

    However, I love the Blog Community. I must be an old dog.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pouch looks really good, and seems quite easy.Love the Love notes.Who doesn't need one of those to brighten their day.Glad you had some lovely rain.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely post and I was especially glad to hear that you will keep on blogging. I too have noticed that the blogging world has slowed down considerably. While I don't post as often as I used to or like, I will keep on blogging as well. A wonderful sunflower love note and the box pouch is beeeootiful. Glad to hear you received some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's such fun to receive something in the mail other than junk and bills, especially when it's something totally unexpected. I really like the premise behind the love notes and your pouch looks so pretty, and useful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sherry, What great fun with Love Notes. So many fun and creative ways for friends to send happy mail. Darling pouch gift from your friend. I am so happy you will keep on blogging. I'm staying around too. It's been nearly 9 years of blogging for me. Wishing you a wonderful and creative week.
    Hugs and Joys, cm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you've had some rain! We are waiting for rain too. Sometimes it amazes me that anyone reads my blog, but then I like reading other people's blogs, so why not? It is a great way to connect with like minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the smile, because...love to you on this day, Sherry! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such sweetness a love note can bring and getting a gift like you received is definitely a smile maker!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Sherry, reading your post (a little late, because of visits, and loosing my internet) I so agree in your ponderings over ,blogging which connects us over the world, through countries and over borders, with likeminded kind people , getting in contach with each other, it is really kind of magical, that I can sit here now talking to you, dear friend, and I wouldn`t be without it.
    Your Love Notes group seems such a lovely thing to do, and Mother Theresa was so right, in her words, about a tiny smile. I`m smiling to you right now, Sherry.
    I have been worried seing and hearing about your big dry area, and hoping for water, so plants and seas will not dry totally out , and I still hope for "waterfalls" in the coming winter, for you to have a good start next warm summer.
    Have a nice day , and more smiles to you from me. Dorthe
    p.s. your gift is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.