Monday, October 5, 2015

Stitchery Pinbook Swap...


I participated in Jenny of elefantz swap for a Pinbook or Needlebook using a simple book design and one of Jenny's adorable embroidery designs.  Because I belong to her monthly Stitchery Club it was very easy to select one of my favorites of her designs.  My swap partner Lydia of Chalk Outlines likes green and purple so that is the color scheme I went with.  The photo above is what I created.


This is the sweet Pinbook Lydia created for me.  She hand stitched a heart with flowers and a bee.  She also added a pink heart button.  I adore this and thank you Lydia.


This is the inside of her Pinbook with a nice felt bed for the pins and needles to reside upon.


Jenny had a couple of added goodies we were to include with our Pinbooks and Lydia nailed it perfectly with what she included for me.  Butterflies on fabric and buttons and embroidery threads all in my very favorite blues. Great job Lydia.


Here is another view of my Pinbook I created for Lydia and sent along. This is the front and back view.  Jenny's designs are so adorable and easy to transfer and stitch.


Here is the inside view of the Pinbook. I included a green butterfly beaded pin and another beaded pin in purples.  As for the required buttons, fabrics and floss I included I neglected to get any photos of the packages I sent.  I was sew excited about the Pinbook I totally forgot to snap the rest.


These Pinbooks are quick and easy to create and would make great gifts for any time of year and for any occasion.  Thank you Jenny for a wonderful Stitchery Swap.
As a side note I have enjoyed belonging to Jenny's first inaugural Stitchery Club and now I have joined her second year club which will have even more goodies for us.  It is a gift I give to myself and even though life gets in my way of stitching everything I at least have lots of inspiration for future use.  Just click the link above to find out more from Jenny herself.  I am not affliated or compensated but merely a completely satisfied customer.
Big wind storms here and that results in pine needles covering everything.  The roads are so full and when cars and trucks go whizzing by the pine needles get clumped in the center of the roadway and look like large animals/deer.  I never drive over any of the bundles because I never know what might be inside of them.  Some people have tumbleweeds and we have rolling pine needle bundles.
October Falling Into Autumn Bliss and Halloween Happiness to you...

25 comments:

  1. Embroidery is so relaxing and these pin books are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet swap. Went to have a look at the club. Such a lot of projects there. I'm not that much into this type of work, but I love to look at others' works of this type.Lovely getting something special in the mail isn't it?Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pinbook! My, I can't imagine what a rolling pine needle bundle could look like. The prairie wind here never leaves anything bundled together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both needle books are wonderful. I love that lime green color and the stitching is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet these pinbooks are!!!! But then you are just as sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny of Elefantz has the sweetest designs, so cute. Love the needle books you created for each other, so much fun!
    Did you get any rain up in your neck of the woods? We got a few moments drizzle yesterday morning and that was it - and yet I hear on the news about inland and also OC getting rain. No fair. Nuh uh.
    Happy creative week to you! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry, you are the sweetest gal, and what a gorgeous swap gift you gave and received!
    Tumbleweeds of pine needles? That sounds OUCH to me. We have bushfires around us which is strange for the tropics, but we're in drought.
    Bless you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. delightful needlbooks and so practical too. I used to follow Jenny but there really are not enough hours in the day for all the blogs I want to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both needlebooks are so very pretty. A lovely idea for a simple personalized gift. Did the wind not bring any rain with it? I'd be afraid to drive over clumps of anything, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely little pin books! Looks like a fun swap! I'm really enjoying the cooler weather and hope it lasts a while!
    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet pin books - great swap! The club sounds like fun, but unfortunately it's no really my style and I don't have enough time to get into anything else (despite wishing I could). It must be horrible to see the pine trees losing their needles like that. Hoping for rain for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice job embroidering. hope you get many enjoyable hours using it. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pinbook! Thanks so much for stopping by Sherry. You have always been a wonderfully supportive blog friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello dear friend, your pinbook is a most lovely swap piece, which the reciever have been very happy to recieve. Your pinn book from Lydia, is so sweet, too, and wow whet wonderful goodies followed her swap piece.
    Must be storming MUCH for the pine needles to totally fly off, and become big "monsters " on the roadway, Sherry , do you have real bad weather, and still no rain ?
    Sending you wishes for a good autumn.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the things I've missed with all the traveling and company I've done and had! Back, and trying to catch up on reading today. Your embroidery skills are WICKED AWESOME! Gorgeous little bird - I remember the last one you shipped off. AND, proving that you are loved, and what goes around comes around, your lovely pinbook received in return is just as lovely!!! We have had the winds and my yard is FULL of pine needles, as well (probably not as much as yours, knowing your proximity to the woods, but full, just the same - stupid tree). XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are sooo cute and the stitch work is lovely
    I don't know why I can't take the time to make one ? haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both yours and Lydia's pin books are delightful and a lovely swap idea. Lots of rain here in England at the moment. Went for a walk in the forest today and surprised a roe buck deer grazing on some shrubbery. Managed to pick a pot full of blackberries too.,
    Autumn is certainly here. Take care. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never understood why people would want pin books until I started doing hand embroidery. Now I love them! Yours is beautiful...love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a very nice needle case. I usually put needle cases in with my different projects. That way, the needles are always in one spot. If I'm using a hoop, I have a small magnet (two actually that go on either side of the fabric) to use as a pin rest instead of stabbing the needle into the fabric. Thought I'd pass that bit of information along.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute needle books. It is so fun to swap. I have stopped swapping because of lack of time. I among baby sitting my nieces baby a couple times a week, so that gives me less time to craft. Hopefully next year sometime we can swap.
    Crafty hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sherry, I received one of your ATC's from Kim's Linen and Lace swap. I just love it and wanted to thank you. I sure will be missing her and her blog.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS/ I sent my comment before I said how adorable and creative the pin books are. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful needle books. Sounds like a fun swap with such creativity. My mother made me a small one many years ago and I love it to this day.
    Thanks for sharing. Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  24. The pin books of the both of you are truly gorgeous. What a wonderful swap, it must be such a joy to make and receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What gorgeous pin books!! I love the green and purple together!! What fun to make and receive!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.