Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Fabric Snowflake...


This is such a simple, yet spectacular, project that I really must share it with you.  And in time for you to make some for yourself or gifts.  My friend and fellow blogger, Robbie of Robbie's Paw Prints shared she had made some and I was smitten.  Thankfully Robbie shared the link with me and I am sharing it with you.  This is a NO sew project using fabric and a few other simple steps.


If you would like to make some merely go to this link on YouTube for the complete easy instructions.  Jennifer Bosworth of Shabby Fabrics will walk you through the entire process.  I am sew excited with the outcome of this one that I am planning a few others for my family gift list.  If I need to mail one I will put it in a clean pizza box and that should get it safely to its destination.
I do hope you share photos if you make any snowflakes.  Thank you Robbie for introducing me.  Thank you Jennifer of Shabby Fabrics for sharing your amazing talents with us.
It is pouring rain here today.  Actually only this morning through lunchtime.  Now it is chilling right down for the predicted snow we are supposed to get here.  It has been snowing in the mountain ski resorts all day.  You won't hear me complaining due to our four year drought and this rain and snow is exactly what we need.  Lots of it!
For all of my stateside friends we are preparing for Thanksgiving and our many Blessings we are so very grateful for.  For anyone in our entire world, may you stay safe and be thankful for all we are so lucky to enjoy.  Health and Happiness mixed with Creative Bliss my friends...

17 comments:

  1. That is just gorgeous! I will have to check it out.

    Can you send some of that rain a little further south???? It sounds heavenly. It did cool down considerably today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is stunning!! I love the fabrics you used!! A new-sew project...I might be able to handle that!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!! Yay for rain!! I hope you have a safe, happy Thanksgiving my friend!! Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful star it looks so complicated off to check it out now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sherry,
    the snowflake is really looking amazing, thank you for the link.
    You know we don`t celebrate Thanks giving here in Denmark, but I wish you a wonderful weekend, and some very happy hours. Thank you for your wishes, I`m so thankfull every day for what I have. Coming week I`m traveling to Copenhagen to visit my daughter and the grandkids , so thank you for your wishes of safety !!
    Hugs from me, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's beautiful Sherry! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so intriguing! I saw them on Robbie's site as well, and watched the video. But that's as far as I got! Yours turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's spectacular. Thanks for the links. I'm glad you're getting rain, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen those stars made with fabric before - so lovely Sherry!
    Doing my happy dance for you and your much welcome rain. We had a forecast of a 30% chance but nothing showed up, not even an overcast or cooler day. BOO HOO
    Thank you so much for all your kind words re my samplers, so very sweet of you. Wishing you and hubby a very Happy Thanksgiving! xo Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful looking star and I really like the fabric you used. Thanks for the links too. Glad to hear that you're getting some much needed rain. Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty impressive snowflake! Making it in fabric is a good idea. Glad about your rain.
    Over here it's been a very bad start to Summer, and already bushfires in Western Australia and close (again) to Adelaide.As we have a similar climate and drought/dry situation you know only too well what that does to a community.
    Have a happy Thanksgiving.
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rain? Yahoo!!!! I remember seeing one of those snowflakes somewhere years ago and thinking how pretty it was but couldn't find the directions then. I'll bookmark the link for use next year maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous my friend. glad to see you are playing. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sherry, this is wonderful and a fantastic project. Thank you for sharing and the link. Hope you enjoyed a great Thanksgiving. Thank you for your blogging friendship and inspirational spirit.
    Have a great weekend. Happy Christmas Creating my friend,. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your snowflake is wonderful! I told you that it is addicting! Worse than the zipper box bags! HA I love these...hubby wants to keep ours up all year! HA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful snow flake. Will have to go and check out the tutorial. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful star and looks like fun to make. Yay for the rain and snow for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU have been a busy girl - ADORABLE! Thanks for the link. Happy Monday, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.