Sunday, November 19, 2017

Pocket Letter Fail...



For those of you who follow me on FaceBook you already got my opinion of my local Post Office.  I was so proud of myself for completing 17 Pocket Letters for my International mail recipients.  I had taken one to my local Post Office and confirmed with the clerk that my International postage was sufficient to send my envelope on its way.  So I came home and completed all 17.  I mailed them.  Two days later I collected my mail in the pouring rain and there were all 17 of my envelopes.  I have no photo here but I did on my FB post.  They were wet and soggy and the imbecile at the post office had rubber banded them all together with a note.  It said these must mail as a parcel and I would need to add an additional $12.35 postage to each one!  Excuse Me!!!  I am not wealthy and therefore that cannot happen.  To put it mildly, I was incensed!!!  I have had lots of issues with my mail being delayed and returned by the idiots at the Post Office but this tops them all. I am sad and angry and feel the worst for my recipients.  I had to switch up my plans...


In the meantime I was able to sew 10 Origami Coin Purses using fun Mahjong themed fabrics.  I found this on Sew4Home and here is the link.  I love these coin purses and they have lots of uses.  I won't divulge the purpose for this group so as not to spoil any holiday gift idea.  I may need to sew a few more.  I enjoy being able to sew these. The first ones I made, I hand sewed metal snaps and it took lots of time and work.  Then my friend Donna of Brynwood Needleworks introduced me to Kam Snaps.  WOW!  So much easier and quicker.  Thank You Donna.  Check out the links and you will find the pattern so you can make some for your gift giving.
On our Home front, Mr. C and I have removed our home from being listed.  We kept at it for an entire year and had NO Buyer and NO offers.  Only a handful of showings and nothing positive.  After meeting with our broker and the VP of Sales and Marketing for Coldwell Banker Grass Valley, we heard nothing new to encourage us to stay listed.  They stressed the importance of us being "STRATEGIC" with our marketing...that is there job and what we are paying them for!  They also stressed we must be "STRATEGIC" in our pricing...which meant they wanted us to drop the sales price another $50,000 and include an additional $2500 for the Buyer's agent commission.  My very wise husband said, "Anyone can sell dollar bills for 50 cents." 
Weather wise we have had some very good soaking rain the past couple of weeks.  The mountain ski resorts have gotten good snow and are open for the season.  Looks like we will not be having a drought this year.  Autumn has shown her colors and now the trees are barren.  Winter is just around the corner.  Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Americans and Safe Travels to all...
Blessings to each of you around the world and may you take time to enjoy the Magic of the Season... 

16 comments:

  1. I feel your postal pain! I have had things returned to me because of one reason or another when I would use the self serve machine. No more! My packages would come back to me, so I now deal with a real person. Sorry your house didn't sell. But at least taking it off the market you can have your life back and sew and craft and not have to worry about possible lookers! Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so sad that your beuatiful pockets were not delivered and feel very frustrated that they were returned in such a manner.So sorry to hear that you have removed your house for sale. You did everything you could to make it appealing which it is judging by your lovely photos that you have shown here on your blog. The leaves here are still remaining on the trees and have gone to a beautiful yellow hue. I even picked two tiny red roses today from my miniature rose tree. Iv'e brought them inside in case we get a sudden frost. Just sitting here embroidering the faces onto the remaining Elves before sending them off to the North Pole for Santa to deal with. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating!! Especially after you specifically went to the post office and had them tell you the postage was okay. I would be incensed, too. Your coin purses are beautiful!! I love the fabric!! I am so sorry you've taken your home off the market. Have you considered a different broker? I hope you have a wonderful, happy Thanksgiving, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly don't know why anyone at the post office would tell you that. Number one, they don't have to be sent as a parcel. The envelopes are fine. But you always have to fill out a custom order on them, even when sending to Canada. I have to do that every time I'm in the States and want to send something internationally. The cost will not be all the same because it depends on where they are going so for them to quote you an additional $12.35 is ridiculous. At least you got them all back. I've been waiting since June to receive three letters from Canada. And since around July to receive cards from Australia and California. I'm sure they all arrived to Kuwait within a reasonable amount of time but what happened after that is anyone's guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry:
    Thanks for the shout out about the KamSnaps. Aren't they fabulous? If you look at the photo of my sewing studio from last week, you'll see what looks like a big tackle box on my countertop. Yup. It's filled with sorted bins of KamSnaps! lol

    I'm so very sorry about your mailings coming back - in the rain no less. Its awful that you have such a crappy post office and carrier. They really can ruin about anything, can't they?

    I understand (really, I do) your frustration trying to sell your home. The only thing worse than selling a home is actually moving. I'm still putting things away - and tossing!!
    I know you're frustrated, but your husband is a wise man. Stay put for now (and enjoy that gorgeous kitchen of yours - serious kitchen envy, my dear), and now that you're off the market, you can repopulate your studio. I know you'll be happy to have some of those things around you again.

    I love those little pouches (and the one you gifted me). I may have to make a few as gifts this year. I may have to try them in cork!

    I'll write again soon. Hugs from Wisconsin.
    xoxo
    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers, my dear.

    A very lovely Thanksgiving to you.

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I've had my own problems with postal systems, so I understand your frustration! What a shame. The coin purses are great fun - lovely fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your postal woes. We have a wonderful postal staff in our little town, and we've only had a handful of problems in the 35 years we've lived here... none of them the fault of our local p.o!

    I'll have to check out those Kam Snaps. I have tons of fabric to use up, so I might as well do something adorable!

    Dave and I have pretty much decided to stay in our house. Except for a few small projects, it's the way we like it. We have room for family and friends to visit. The market is not fantastic around here. Besides, we're not sure we could live as inexpensively anywhere else. From what we can see, it would cost us more to downsize, which is absolutely crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherry, How strange one postal worker would tell you your little packages were ok. That person must not have known International rules. They do look too thick to pass for a regular letter though. But $12.35 each?! That doesn’t sound right at all! The little coin purses look adorable. I might have to try one of those. Thanks for the link to the pattern.

    I definitely would go with a different realtor next time around. But all of them only think of lining their own pockets. You have to watch out for yourself. Luckily you aren’t under the pressure of “needing” to sell, so you can actually have the process operate under your own terms...no matter what the realtor wishes you would do just so that he can collect another commission.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shame. You have certainly had a less than successful year. new calendar page, heck, even a new calendar is coming, Sherry! Here is to closing that door and opening a brand new door!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can feel your pain (and your annoyance) over the returned mail - and the horrible treatment of it. I would certainly consider writing a letter to the higher up's at the post office (over the heads of your local employees). I doubt they would do anything, but at least they might look into how your local posties are doing (not!) their jobs. On the bright side, you'd doing some fun things in your studio and that has to be satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Post Office woes, very familiar. What did you end up doing with the pocket letters? Happy to exchange one if you wish - just give me a theme. Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving enjoying your house back. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad that the postal office did you wrong. Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, but this time it cost you $$. I'm sad that you weren't able to sell your house, mainly because I'm selfish and wanted you closer to me. We'll just have to have our virtual time together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry to hear about your postal issues. How frustrating! And, I am sorry to hear about your real estate issues. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm, Canada has changed up their mailing policy, too. Same thing! And very frustrating! They say to go letter rate, it must contain paper. So, the few things I mailed, I slipped my item between a folded sheet of paper, and made sure I only mailed one at a time. So far, so good. Pretty soon, we won’t be mailing anything anymore, and the less we mail, the higher the prices will go to compensate. With all the online shopping going on, I’d think they’d be getting enough $. So, on to plan B with your house. Hmmm. My plan B would be to start going on cruises. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry about your Post Office troubles. Sorry that your home did not sell either. Maybe 2018 will bring better things your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.