Monday, December 11, 2017

Needle Tatted Wreaths...


My desire to blog more often is strong yet my failing to do so is stronger.  Life keeps interrupting my desires.  I have managed to be a tiny bit creative and productive.  A simple ball of crochet thread in size 10, a long tatting needle in size 5 and some inexpensive beads in size 6.0 are allowing me to make some small Christmas Wreath ornaments. 


I can pack these supplies in a small tote and keep them ready for any spare time I might have.  Of course I must also have excellent daylight or lamp light to see so that leaves out any evening TV time when Mr. C must have complete darkness. 


The beads get strung onto the thread before any tatting begins.  The beads don't always fit over the needle eye so I use a dental flosser loop for stringing which makes it so much faster and easier.


Here is the process of tatting.  Chains and rings and nothing more.  This link to Rusti Kate might be helpful.  Her YouTube how to videos are very easy to follow.  Thank you Rusti Kate.  So while life stays busy my fingers also stay busy.
Our weather is unseasonably warm and sunny. California is on fire and my prayers are for everyone affected by these horrific fires.  Thankfully Mr. C and I are safe and our children and grandchildren are safe...so far. 
I continue to enJOY each of your blogs and holiday decorations.  Thank you for sharing.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night...xo

12 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful tatting! That's something I never learned to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreaths are lovely! I also need good light to tat. Luckily, Dave doesn't mind my bright Ott Lite, so I am able to tat at night.

    Merry Christmas to you and Mr. C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so gorgeous!! Wow!! I am in awe of them!! They're stunning!! I am so glad you are safe from the fires, my friend. Praying for all those affected. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tatted wreaths are lovely! (Using the dental flosser loop is brilliant!)

    I am so glad you and your family are safe. The photos and videos I have seen of the fires are heartbreaking. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have more patience than I have to do that tatting. Your earrings turned out great. Glad to see you creating. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you’re keeping your little fingers busy. That’s key to my sanity! Your tatting is so pretty! I have the one you sent me last Christmas on display already! My grandmother was a tatter. She tried to teach me, but I was a lost cause! Wonder if I picked it up again if I could do better. She made beautiful doilies. Glad to know you are safe from the fires. I was going to email you today to check on you, but now I don’t have to! Have a wonderful, funderful day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are sweet and Christmassy. Happy tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am full of admiration for your tatting! I love tatted items, but the size of everything is daunting to me. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tatting, whether it be needle or shuttle type, eludes me so I have to admire what you're doing. "Chains and rings and nothing more" - that's easy for you to say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of tatting and the wreaths are so cute I would like to have about 20 of them to decorate a small tree

    ReplyDelete
  11. We both have the best intentions when it comes to blogging, don't we? LOVE your tatted wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. I love tatting, but cannot do it myself, lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.