Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Promise kept...

So in my creative quest to make art and have fun and follow through I have finally inked one of my virgin stamps. I bought it years ago because it spoke to me. I would always set it out on my table but never use it. I don't know why but that is what would happen.
So as you can see, I inked my stamp and set it to paper, tissue and more paper. I embossed it, colored it and glittered it. Once I began there was no stopping me. I counted 44 pairs of shoes when I ran out of time.

What a simple little pair of shoes these are. What a powerful message they have. I call these Mary Jane shoes. I love them so much that I realized I was actually wearing a pair of my favorite black Mary Jane shoes while I was stamping.


So now I have used my little shoe stamp and what shall I ever do with so many stamped pairs of shoes?!! Well, I do have one little art project in the works and more in my head for the future. Stay tuned to see my current project.
Meanwhile keep creating and don't "save" your art supplies...use them and enjoy them. :o)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie! I love your Mary Janes...both on your feet and the ones your stamped! Great saying too! Thanks for the get well wishes for my guys! Looking forward to seeing what you do with those adorable stampings! Hugs, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg.. I love these MJ shoes!
    MJ's have always been my favorites since being a young girl!
    How beautifully unique!
    Can you tell me where you ordered the stamp from?..
    and YOUR OWN SHOES TOO?..
    You ought to get royaltys!
    Love these..
    Hugs, Darlene xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.