Sunday, January 27, 2013

Christmas Bank Club...


In mid January this year I was reading Maximum Embellishment blog.  Sandi suggested we work ahead each month and put some things in the bank towards Christmas.  I remember the little bank books you could get from the bank to save quarters in and I remember when the bank actually had a Christmas Club and you could set aside a few dollars each month towards your Christmas spending fund.  I really liked those clubs.


So I got out my Christmas cards which I always save and reuse for crafting.  Sandi suggested we make twelve (12) tags to put away for December gift giving.  "Well that is certainly easy enough to do" I say.  But then the days kept flying by and my cards were just sitting there with me thinking, "Oh Christmas is so far away I can do that later".  "NOW"!  I heard my word from a couple of years ago.  "NOW"!


With "NOW" ringing in my ears I gathered supplies and got busy.  I was actually having fun.  Using punches and scissors and rotary cutter I managed to stack up an easy 12 tags.


Of course I also don't do well throwing out little scraps so I punched a lot of little hearts.  Hearts are good all year long and I use them for lots of embellishments.  Some of the cards I merely left the fronts whole and will use them on packages that I wrap in tissue and no bows for mailing.


Now for the actual embellishments of the tags.  This one looked like a fancy machine stitch would be just right.  Not everyone I know loves glitter.  Poor Mr. C still sees the glitter that is embedded into the top of our breakfast table.  Not his favorite decorator style.  ;o)
Thank you Sandi for this Christmas Bank Club.  It is the perfect kick-start to being ahead of the hectic rush this coming holiday season.  I even have a place to keep them so I can find them.  In my gift wrapping bin. I have one for general and one for Christmas wrappings.


While looking at my cards this appeared.  My word MAGIC and this depicts exactly how the wonder of it all makes me happy.  I now have this card displayed so I can remember to always see and enjoy the MAGIC of daily life.
Last night the Wolf Moon was glorious and bright and magical.  The clouds were silver lined and appeared to be jewels in the sky.  Then during the night it snowed just enough to cover the ground and tree branches.  Truly a sight to behold.  Today will be a day of rest and enjoying the Rolex race we have recorded.
May you enjoy every moment of your day doing something that fills you with bliss.
Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

18 comments:

  1. Great idea, Sherry...I just went on a cleaning rampage last week, and threw my cards out...wish I had seen this then! :-) Happy Sunday, my friend - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a wonderful idea!
    I'm just not crafty with paper, but I love the idea.
    I may have to push myself to play with paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Idea. I always save Christmas cards and never do anything with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I wonder where I stashed those Christmas cards?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Christmas cards from previous years for tags, too, but I've never begun this early. Such a good idea to do a few at a time, and bank them for later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great idea. I would like to see your finished tags. I need more visuals to spur myself into action. I think I will check out that blog you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Sherry, look at you go. Oh, I can only dream about being that disciplined.
    hugs, JOY, and a lovely week my friend,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post. Ideas in the bank!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherry. I don't know how you do it. I am such a procrastinator. I put everything aside and don't do any of it. I get frustrated and just put it away and then completely forget about it. You are definitely alot more organized than I am. For some reason my creativity is not there. has not been here with me since my moms passing. I am trying but can't seem to get it back. Maybe I just need more time.
    Have fun creating in your room. Our weather is hot hot hot. Wish we could have a couple of days of just 55 degrees all day.
    Happy crafting. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching done! What a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to be so well prepared for next Christmas while the rest of make mad dashes to get things done! Kudos! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post! And you got those 12 tags done quick like a bunny and had fun! Thank you for playing along..got a few surprises in the works..:) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm also Banking on Christmas. Great tags from your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This club could be very good for me. Actually I begin thinking about Christmas stuff about half December. Then I want to do it all ;) Too late!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am such a procrastinator. I always think I can do things later and then the day comes and later comes and I'm still not done. I need to remember to do things NOW rather than putting them off. And then, I need to get organised so I can find the stuff that I make for those later times. :) Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still have my Christmas cards and I am soooo going to do this, thank you for the reminder!! You know, I still keep thinking about the scarf you made with that gorgeous yarn!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great ideas,(both of them) your tags are beautiful! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy indeed. You sound very pleased with yourself, and well you should be... it is easy to put off next December when it is now only January, but time sails on and we with it.
    I am working hard this month to "pay the piper" and deal with things that have been neglected; special orders, cleaning, tidying, sorting and purging. Next month is for finishing, and I must say, once I got past the usual resistance of my creative time being "organized", I am delighted with my progress - onward, ho!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.