Tuesday, January 29, 2013

White Valentine Tags...


These are my White Valentine Tags I made for a swap with ArtJoyStuff.  Kimberly always does the very best swaps and I hate to miss them.  When she announced this theme I was slightly stumped.  No red or pink?  How can I do Valentine with no red or pink?!!


I began with an image and because it had too much color I gave it a whitewash.  I also brushed white gesso over it all.  Toned down and with very little color showing I proceeded.  Then my glitter which looked white turned out to be very pink.  I let it dry and then did the same white layers of paint and gesso which ruined the pink glitter but gave me a new background to shake some fresh white glitter onto.  Success.


Every time I felt the tags were done I sat back and waited.  Added more bling.  Now let me see...


Now I feel good about my White Valentine Tags.  They have been mailed and received.  Now to sit back and wait for my return swap tags.


Here is a sweet little Norman Rockwell image that I made into a little paper pocket.
I am loving all the Valentine creations I am seeing on your blogs.  There is something so happy about hearts.
Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

21 comments:

  1. I love your white Valentine creations, Sherry! I am convinced that there is no challenge you can't tackle, no project you can't make beautifully. I love hearts, too...they make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry they are just beautiful! I love the white Valentines..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful, Sherry - I know how much love went into making these. Happy Wednesday - XOXO Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree all the hearts are contagious, so happy,
    your tags are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty tags. Love that the swap challenge was no pink or red. I have seen many videos on youtube with the same rules, no red or pink. Makes them look very shabby chic. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have thought the same...Wait no red or pink!! You pulled it off, they are wonderful!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. these have worked perfectly for Valentine`s day Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sherry, you met the challenge beautifully!
    enJOY a sweet day,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really luv these toned down valentines. I'm gonna whitewash everything in sight now. The Rockwell photo is too cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tags. Those sparkley hearts and the lace add the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creating tags is fun because they are quick and easy and it is amazing how much you can actually put on them. I'm sure your swap partners were quite happy. I'm still crocheting hearts. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!
    I have a question. Do you use these tags with a name on it to go with a Valentine gift?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whitewashing the image, how perfect was that?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sherry,
    Your Valentine tags looks beautiful, also without the red and pinh :-) love your little gold fairy.
    Thankyou dear, so much for your kind ,warm greeting on my mail,- so very sweet of you.
    Hugs,
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the tags Sherry. There is something about white versus the normal red...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh lovely! I really love the vintage feel! The white wash is perfect! There are going to be some thrilled people to receive your Valentine tag!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that the swap was to use white!! That really is "outside of the box"! And I LOVE what you did with it!!
    Makes me think.....
    xxD

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanted to drop by to thank you for your comment on my blog about our self portraits! I am having a great time with it....your white valentines are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that is a challenge! YOU more than surpassed it! I love your white Valentines-they are so unique n' gorgeous! Fun to be challenge and see what comes of it~ :D
    You are so clever~

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous, love how you gessoed over the image too, great effect! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. so cute and totally gorgeous!!

    hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.