Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fellowship of the Flowers...


I would like to begin this post with Michelle of  The Raspberry Rabbits blog in Bunnyville.  If you will click her link she can explain much better than I what "Fellowship of the Flowers" consists of.  I was late to the party and I am still behind.  Part of me has NO idea what I am doing or supposed to be doing but the other part of me is on a treasure hunt and having lots of fun.  Let me explain a bit...


I signed up with Michelle and gathered my supplies.  Wool felt, fabric and some soft sparkle yarn.  I also have threads, beads, buttons and other such ephemera at my disposal.


These photos are completely out of sync but I shall try to show you what I am doing.  This is a cone flower I have completed and as you can see it is not perfect.  However I am fine with it as Nature is not perfect.


So this pile is a lot of time spent tracing my flower pieces onto the WRONG fusible.  I went to two different stores and the second one convinced me this was correct.  NOT!!!  It ruined my wool felt and would not separate from it after ironing per directions.  Lesson learned...use what Michelle so carefully calls out in her directions.  Once I ordered and got the correct "Soft Fuse" it was a dream to work with.  What will I do with all of this?  Well anyone who knows me would completely understand that they won't get thrown away.  In fact I see using them in mixed media...somehow!


Another lesson learned by me.  This is still the wrong fusible so not really terrible...but I ironed it to the "right" side of the fabric.  What was I thinking?  These too will be utilized in some artsy project. So not to worry.


The plan is to create one flower each week.  Well like I said I am behind.  I finally prepped these with the correct fusible and the correct right side of the fabric and the correct felt pieces.  Next I find time to stitch and embellish these.  When you visit Michelle (unless you are participating already) you will see the first project she completed and it is wonderful.  Think Downton Abbey.  Yes, now you want to go look don't you?  This is my first color way and I am liking it.  I have no plans for what I will do when they are finished. I just know I am enjoying catching up and stitching and being creative with my supplies.
Thank you Michelle of Bunnyville for Fellowship of the Flowers.   Your weekly inspiration is cheerful and making me smile with delight.
Our weather is very cold...like it should be for Winter.  However we have had no more rain or snow to speak of.  Tomorrow it is supposed to do both. I am hoping for rain here and snow in the ski resorts.
Making progress as the days rush right on by.  I spent lots of time trying to find my studio table and I actually found a good portion...and then...well we shall save that story for another day's post.
Busy making Happy happen.  Speaking of Happy...I am in love with Pharrell Williams and his song titled "HAPPY".  I don't know where I was when it came out and obviously I haven't seen the movie "Despicable Me 2" but now I can't stop listening to this positive message.  Clap Along...
If everyone just practiced Happy each and every day our world would be such a better place.  Now let's be HAPPY...Let's get creative and make beautiful things too...

29 comments:

  1. Wow, those flowers are so gorgeous!! You did an amazing job with them!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have the 'oops' out of the way I'm sure you will not have anything more to worry about. This looks like fun. I will click the link now but didn't before because sometimes it will take you off the blog you are on. Thanks for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you try so many different things...I love the flowers and I am headed to see anything to do with Downton Abby! Wishing you rain tomorrow

    CArol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear friend, you make me smile...always working on something SO creative! Can't wait to see the finished product, Sherry! Happy Wednesday to you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations! You fabric flowers and stitching is lovely. I visited Raspberry Rabbits, too. Wonderful! Far beyond my skills, so I shall enjoy following along. Thnaks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are looking good, and look forward to seeing what you do with the mishaps. Happy is a good way to be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry, you simply amaze me with all the different things you do - and all so beautifully done too!
    Stay happy - and creative!
    xoxo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making Hahhpy happen! ;) Flower season is on its way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with the fusible backing - I always, always get it wrong - lol.

    Your flowers look absolutely wonderful so far, look forward to seeing more as the year progresses x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh AAARRRGGHHH! and DRAT too! And you seem still so nonchalant about it. That would not be me. haha Lovely, lovely flowers you're making. I know you'll come up with a beautiful project for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you'll have a whole year of Happy ahead! Lovely flowers, Sherry. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a very fun project Sherry - will enjoy watching your progress. Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a terrific project Sherry! I love cone flowers and yours are beauties! I'm in awe of what you're doing here.

    Here's wishing you a whole year, ahead, of happy. Thank you for making mine a happy day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so enjoyed seeing the fun you are having with Shell's Fellowship of the Flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely and so is your message. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks a fun project for you. What you have made and shown so far is certainly no novice work. They are all lovely and individual to you. Waiting for a day when it isn't raining to pop into town on the bus to visit the only material shop for miles around for my pillow cases. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope it's raining on you.
    Happy thoughts sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow - these are gorgeous! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful work and Michelle's designs are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. And I thought you were perfect!! So glad to see someone else fuses to the wrong side!! Actually, I still consider you perfect in my world!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sherry you never cease to amaze me. What an incredible project and your flowers are beautiful. I have no doubt you will find ways to use the first flowers as they are beautiful too.
    I so hope you get the rain you need and sending happy thoughts your way.
    Have a Happy Weekend and Creative fun.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so pretty. Good for you for sticking with it and figuring out just what to do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this! it's been so long since I worked with materials like this -- and the weather here is perfect (SNOW cold and SNOW) but the new pup keeps me on my toes! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. your flowers are fabulous, and before you know it you'll have your own little saucy garden growing….happy, just the way it should be! xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Goodness- the quilt flowers are lovely-- never in a million years would I be able to do this:)

    You are always creating something lovely--

    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, this is so stinkin cute!! I love what you did - and think they look perfect to me! AND what beautiful Valentines you've created in the post below! xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are a multi-talented woman, Sherry! I think it's great that you put so much into all that you create. You are not afraid to take a chance and jump into something new! I am inspired by your blog! Your flowers are lovely and your project is coming together well.
    Have a Happy Sunday!
    Joyce
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Michelle is so creative and your flowers are so pretty. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love Michelle's projects and wanted to join in on the flowers but told myself that I have too much going on. Your flowers are wonderful. I just heard that song Happy the other day, I really enjoy hearing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.