Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thread & Bobbin Togetherness...


Without my sewing machine I have been spending time organizing.  Here you can see my threads and bobbins are together.  No more guessing which shade of ecru is on the bobbin.   Writing on my bobbins did not work for me.  I would like to give credit to the inventor however they are unknown to me.  My grandma used to do this sort of thing decades ago however without the fun buttons.


Because I buy the larger spools of thread more often than the small spools I did go and buy longer wooden golf tees.  I used to have a dentist who used wooden golf tees to set my tooth crown.  He would have me bite down on the tee while it laid sideways on the crown.  I trust the golf tee was not a used one.  LOL  Oh where was I...  Yes, the wooden golf tees.  I poked them into a used mailing box for steady holding.  These are some fun wooden floral buttons my friend Ana of Scrappy Pink Corner gifted me with.  Thank you very much Ana Dear.


Using Glossy Accents or any glue of your choice that would work merely affix the button onto the tee top. Let them dry until set.  I didn't add thread to these like the others in photo one.  If adding thread...do it before the gluing.  Now I am ready to keep bobbin and spool together in my sewing cabinet drawer.


I am not making a lot of progress on my Fellowship of the Flowers.  Instead I am enjoying the few I have already prepped for stitching.  Here is a finished project using one of my flowers.  I made a wool felt bag and added the flower for interest.  I blanket stitched it onto the finished bag.  Hearts and flowers are always in season in my world.
We are awaiting a storm which is supposed to bring us some good soaking rain and snow in the mountains. It is chilly and breezy so I can feel the storm coming.  It is time for me to go outside and do a little weeding while I can.  I have the perfect stretch to accomplish this afternoon.
I am enjoying lots of blog hopping.  Welcome to my new followers and comments.  I read and enjoy every one.  I will be busy in the studio when time allows.  I am currently going down memory lane as I sort through some things.  I save every bit of everything anyone sends to me.  I love it all.  I am honored to have such great blogging friends.  I will be surprising someone soon with something.  I do not like to have give-aways on my blog.  Instead I like to honor my faithful followers with a surprise from time to time.  If you have never shared your snail mail address with me and you would like to do so then please email it to me.  My email is in my profile.  You never know when I may send along a surprise bit of mail.  Hmmm...
Enjoy Creating and Making Your Joy Blissful Everyday...

32 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry! You made me smile again! I had a rather difficult two days at work, so i look forward to this relaxing time when I get home. Thank you for sharing the goodness that you ARE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, you may very well be one of the smartest people I know! Your use of a golf tee is shear brilliance!
    enJOY a lovely evening,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice idea to use the golf tees. Love it. Glad you have put some of the buttons I shared with you to good use. Hope you and Mr. C are doing well. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those golf tees are such a great idea!! They look fabulous with the buttons attached!! So, so clever!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I long for the days when I was that organized! Would you like to come for a visit? I'm sure I could challenge your organizational skills! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXCELLENT tip, my friend - LOVE the golf tees...and as long as he didn't yell FORE while fixing the tooth, I think you were ok. Hope you get all the rain you can handle...and then send it my way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brilliantly creative with these! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea for the golf tee!!!! I just told my hubby I need some!!!! Thanks clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I like this idea a lot. I may have to make some of my own. Not only are there different shades of ecru but I have different thread types that can easily get confused with each other. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are filling your time well whilst the machine is away being serviced. What a good idea with the bobbins. love those flowers on your bag. My garden is in desperate need of weeding, as we have had such a mild winter the weeds have thrived, even the grass is growing but far too wet to mow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the bobbins! Such a great organising idea. What a nice way to use Shell's flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More rain/snow wonderful!!! Those golf tees are a great idea. I worked in dentistry for years and yes we too used golf tees for seating crowns. I have been on the receiving end of your surprise gifts and they are like a snail mail hug! Love how you used the flower on your bag, Shell if full of great ideas with her wooly designs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry, that golf tee idea is a great one! Love the bag and your flowery touch is perfect. Like Magpie above, I too have been on the receiving end of one of your lovely mailbox surprises. You are just as sweet as the come!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! I just shove my pairs in plastic baggies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant Sherry! A most inventive way to use golf tees - now I know what to do with the ones I empty out of my husband's pants prior to laundering :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are a great idea and sew cute!
    I woke up to the rain, I hope you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea, Sherry! And such a cute bag, too! I love to organize, and sometimes have more fun doing that than creating!
    Hope the rain came and stayed for a while. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute and useful idea, I almost wish I sewed so I could use these, lol. ~Diane
    PS for a different take on this see my friend Joys blog. http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/2014/02/sewing-organization-tip-storing-bobbins.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sherry, What a brilliant idea and so useful. Love this. Your flower bag is lovely. You are so talented with everything you do.
    I love organization of all kinds.

    Hope you got some much needed rain.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a genius....Your dentist...Not so much lol. You are the sweetest person to send little gifts to bloggy friends!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sherry, The golf tee is a great idea! I have some very large spools with 1 inch diameter holes that I don't think a golf tee would fit so I'll have to keep using my pins. I don't have the problem with fraying threads. Do you have a tip for a place to buy mass amounts of tees at a great price? Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks to 1CardCreator Diane for referring my blog to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very neat idea with the golf tees and your bag looks beeeootiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sherry, you are one of the most positive bloggers I read..you always cheer the gloomiest day! It's not surprising that people would send you little happy treats...you are a cheering friend to many.
    I hope you had fun with the first swap with A Swap For All Seasons.
    Stay warm!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's an awesome idea to use golf tees to keep the threads and spools together. The bag is lovely. I hope you'll get some wonderful spring weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty. Darn.Smart. I love how creative you are in organizing your bobbin threads-- it's ingenuous actually!!

    Your little bag is just the cutest ever-- the addition of your quilted flower makes it just perfect:)

    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this idea! I wonder if my son might share some of his tees... :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the thread and bobbin idea. Thank you so much. I think some of those tees will find a way into my secret Santa projects this year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your golf tee idea - especially the buttons on the tops, Sherry! You're so darn clever!

    I'm having fun watching Shell's BOM flowers and using one of yours on a purse was genius! Be sure to share with Shell. She'll really appreciate it!

    love and hugs,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are absolutely brilliant!!! I love the golf tee idea....

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love those thread n bobbin tees. Adorable and brilliant. Like you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.