Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Falling Into Autumn Bliss...


As October begins I am feeling like it will pass as quickly as September came and went.  I do not know how to slow down time or the calendar, however I do know how to savor what time I have.  I put together this simple halloween themed banner and sent it across the seas where Spring is happening.  Spring and Halloween?  Seems so different from our Autumn and Halloween.


These are my ATCs I have mailed to Kimberly of ArtJoyStuff to participate in her "Masked Beauty" ATC swap.  You still have time to join if you hurry.  Simply click on her link or my sidebar for more info.


I adore making ATCs and swapping with other artists who love to make them also.  It is always fun to gather supplies and just see what comes together.  I am happy with these I created.  


In August I shared this post with you regarding my plastic bin of ribbons.  Here is a photo of my finished project.  I am so very happy with how these ribbons are now ready for use and they have a way of moving with a breeze or the door being opened or closed.  The colors are a bright spot in my studio and they truly make me smile.  I have used them many times now just because I can find them and easily select just the right size and color and texture of ribbon.  I can even switch which colors are on top since there are double rows here.  I have them on large binder rings and it is easy to remove and replace them from the hooks.  Easy access means I won't be constantly searching for and or buying what I already have.  Simplifying is something I am aiming for in so many areas of my life.
On that note I also recently donated another truckload of clothes, purses and shoes to my local Women of Worth re-shop.  I plan on doing this several more times as I sort and purge my dressing room.  I feel very blessed to be able to share my bounty of clothes and accessories.  As I simplify my life I find I need less and less.  All of this lends to my Creative Bliss.
Falling into Autumn Bliss here in Northern California.  We had a couple inches of rain and it really helped the 8000 firefighters get a handle on the huge wildfire that ravaged over 97,000 acres.  Our ground and plants are nourished and not so terribly dry.  Our drought is far from over as we need lots more rain but we are so very thankful for what we have received.
I love seeing your Autumn decorating and creative projects.  I am so grateful for all the shared inspiration we have available through technology.  Thank you each for sharing.  Also thank you so much for leaving me comments as I read each and every one of them.  I don't always send an email in response however I hope you know how much I enjoy hearing from you.  Creative Autumn Bliss...

27 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry, I received your beautiful ATCs today! Your wall hanging is darling!
    enJOY a sweet day,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely masked beauties and that wall hanging is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super way to keep ribbons!I love your ATC's and your darling banner. You certainly get with the program. Where did September go................

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful work you do, that is a wonderful idea for storing your ribbons, there will many many people who will benefit from your generosity, you will also benefit because you will have lessen the burden of your belongs, its quite freeing once we make the plunge, Ihave purged every area of our life and have never felt so free, its a weight lifted from our lives and gives us much more room in our lives for more important things,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder about cleaning out closets. As I was unpacking from vacation today I wondered why in the world I had 10 camisoles. Yes, 10. :) Next week I'll be sorting and putting aside everything that can be recycled. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the wall hanging is absolutely fabulous!! And the ATC's look amazing!! And your ribbon storage is so awesome!! I'm glad you got some rain...praying you get more to help with the drought. Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ribbon organization. I love that they can be seen and I bet it is fun to see them blow in a breeze. Your ATCs are cool. What fun projects and your little masks are so sweet. Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. halloween wall hanging looks good and like the ribbon display, the cabinet looks as though it holds a multitude of lovely bits and pieces. Good to have a sort out, I sent a lot to the hospice where my daughter is a nurse and have not missed any of it even sent the vary large dining table that I am sure found a new home. Who needs a table that seats 8 when they live on their own and rarely have a visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous ATC's...Love the hanging too, you have been busy creating these beauties... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry, your ATCs are lovely! I haven't even started mine so better get busy! Glad you got some rain and hope for more for you. We've had plenty here recently.
    Your Halloween wall hanging looks so good, especially with the ribbon fringe. xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. your wall hanging...sooooo up my alley...i do love this season and in our travels the view is so inviting...you do such fun projects

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ATCs! And those ribbons- I'm afraid I'd spend a lot of time just looking at them in all their splendor and forget to get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sherry,
    what wonderful and fun ATC`s , of the masked beauties.
    Your cabinet with the ribbon on new hooks, is a great idea,,and looks wonderful, too in all their colours.
    So happy for you, some rain came down from the skyes, to you.
    Sherry I also am grateful for our inspiration from blogs and other places, yes we are lucky .
    Hugs, from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sherry, your wall hanging is gorgeous. You design everything with such detail. Love the little mask too.
    Great idea for the ribbons. Perfectly ready to find what you are looking for.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs and Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely little creations. Organizing will be something I do over the next year. Moreso next year when I finish school. I've resigned but I've have to get through June. Looking forward to more time which is so precious. Glad to hear you got some rain. Hot and humid here, still. Have a fabulous Friday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your ATC (what does that stand for?) and the ribbons look gorgeous hanging there! I need to do a little closet purging, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful projects and I love how you hung your ribbons, I do the same, but I don't use a hoop, I may try that with mine. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. You just make us all smile with your creative holiday items!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cheery, colorful banner! I'm sure the recipient will enjoy it. Great idea for your ribbon storage- you can see what you have and select the perfect one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sherry,
    Just popping by to let you know you won one of the goodie bags in my giveaway
    Its on its way!
    Congrats!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you got a LITTLE rain! Your ATC fall cards are adorable. I was a doubting Tom, I remember those ribbons and thought you would never get them sorted....I was wrong LOL, You did a great job.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your latest ATC creations are just delightful Sherry - I am always so inspired by what you come up with - it's a never-ending wealth of creative ideas over here at Creatology!
    Your ribbon storage/display is a fabulous idea... I understand completely about not wanting to bother digging for just the right ribbon. And the added benefit of seeing all those lovely colours every day must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your little ATC's. Each perfect. Great idea for hanging your ribbons like that. Mine are all bundled together in a large boot box. We have rain here now in England. Autumn has truly arrived. The nights are drawing in and getting colder. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just stopped by for the first time. We have so much in common. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sherry--Love your ATCs, and LOVE the wall hanging!! Have a great week!! ~Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.