Thursday, October 30, 2014

October Ends Quickly...

Today would have been my beloved Grandma's birthday.  She is now passed on but I will forever be grateful for her love and patience in teaching me so may valuable life's lessons and the love of sewing and creating crafts of many mediums.  Grandma is the one who taught me to "see things with different eyes".   I cherish my memories and love her always.


I was fortunate to participate in Kimberly's ArtJoyStuff Masked Beauty ATC swap and these are my goodies I received.  Kimberly always adds something wonderful to the package and I love her banner with the orange and black theme.  Polka dots, buttons and pom-poms make it super fun.  Thank you very much Kimberly and Michele and Peggy and Manuela.  Each ATC is so clever and beautiful!


I also received this wonderful package from Lynn of Trash to Treasure blog.  Her domino pendant is fabulous and the little owl charm is OWLdorable.  Thank you Lynn.  I feel so blessed.


I spent a tiny bit of time in my studio lately.   Household chores and other nuisances get in my way. I made some envelopes out of a roll of vintage gorgeous wall paper.


Here are some of the sizes I made.  The hold together very well with double sticky tape.  The orange envelope shows some fun striped and polka dotted washi tape.


I created a tri-fold card with an owl feature to send to my daughter for Halloween.  Grandma and she both love owls.  Grandma used to collect owl figurines and such.  Possibly the circle is complete with my daughter loving them just as her Great-Grandma loved them.
Our weather is turning very cold and there is snow predicted for Donner Summit this weekend.  Mr. C and I must travel over Donner Summit for a function we are attending.  The high is to be 46F. Brrr...  I am going to be very cold so out come the layers of clothes I shall be wearing.
Safe Halloween to all and may your Treats be many...


Breaking News:  I just returned from the post office with this gorgeous card I have received from my friend Theresa (no blog).  No photo I took would do justice to the amazing shimmery colors and gradations she achieved on this uber fabulous Halloween card.  Thank you so much Theresa.  I totally love this and the stamping you did.  Creative Card Bliss...

18 comments:

  1. What awesome goodies you've received!! The vintage paper you used for the envelopes is gorgeous!! And the owl card for your daughter is beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful creations and I love love that the loving of owls is passed on! ( I love owls too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry, always beauty here to inspire. You received fabulous goodies. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and Happy Halloween.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my grandma too. She was awesome. Love what you have created. The envelope is so pretty and what a great card to receive! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great envelopes and cards! How sweet that your grandma taught you so much. Glad you found time to create...I too wish that life did not get in the way of our creating!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many goodies shared today and that last card is amazing. You are expecting snow, here we have been told it will be the warmest halloween ever could get up to 20 which for the end of october is unheard of

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of Halloween fun here! Love the little key Lynn sent you. Envelopes from wall paper...who knew...you did and they look great.
    Cold here as well and a few snow flurries may fly tonight. I don't think I am ready for Winter!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness-- you certainly have been blessed with some wonderful little gifts from your friends. More goodies to craft with!! The Halloween card is gorgeous!!

    I know all to well your feelings about your Grandmother--

    Xoxoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real treat for the eyes today, and I am so jealous of your beautiful vintage wallpaper find, what gorgeous envelopes it made! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sherry,
    your gifts are wonderful both, the domino piece from Lynn, and the fantastic card from your other friend, lucky you!!
    Also the ATC`c and the sweet gift from dear Kimberly, are all so beautiful, -lucky you again!!
    And then I must say that your envelopes are so magic looking with the golden shimmer, and the card you created looking so wonderfully Halloween, but in the beautiful way, and not scary,lol.
    I do hope you will have a safe travel, and not returning home with a nasty cold , my friend.
    Hugs and happy weekend.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Halloween Sherry. Your goodies look so fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, snazzy envelopes. I might need one of those gadgets. Don't eat too much of the sweet stuff, Sherry, cause you are sweet enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beauties Sherry! Your card and envelopes are beautiful. And you've received a wonderful swap package. Safe travels to you, hope you'll keep warm! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy November, Sherry! I have to say, I just love your vintage wallpaper envelopes! You are so clever and creative. Your post makes me think about my own Grama. She did possibly every craft out there in the world! She handcrafted silver jewelry, made quilts and all my childhood dresses, did embroidery, knitting, crocheting, made wooden bowls, etc etc etc. she taught me so much. I spent many afternoons and evenings creating with Grama K. Thank you for sharing and starting my coffee morning with your friendship and my Gram. Hugs to you. Stay warm! Love kath

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a Happy Hallowe'en Sherry. We awoke to some white stuff on roof and branches, with more falling all day. Our high was 3C. Brrrr!
    lots of nice ATC goodness, and those envelopes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet goodies for you and beautiful creations, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw lovely creations and wonderful spooky goodies...
    love cucki x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.