Saturday, May 9, 2015

ATCs, Hearts and Love...


I have shared many times how much I love making ATCs.  Artist Trading Cards are very specific in size...2.5" x 3.5" and they are not to be sold but merely traded/swapped as I do.  Kim over at ArtJoyStuff blog does the most efficient and amazing swaps every month and I love to participate.  These are the French General theme ATCs I created. 


Here are my ATCs in process.  I like to gather a few items and then let the theme speak to me.  I have been using picture framing mat board for my bases.  You can use playing cards or cereal boxes or just about anything however I like the firm base of the mat board.  Many framing shops give free scraps.


These are the beautiful and amazing ATCs I received in return.  The swap is actually three for three however I have an extra from a dear friend who makes certain to share her creations with me.  This month Kim generously gifted everyone with a French General themed baggie of banners in case we wanted to display our ATCs this way.  Thank you Kim for always going above and beyond.


Do you know Skittles candy?  These hearts remind me of those candies.  I actually purchased these ceramic hearts from my favorite bead store...online only...Fire Mountain Beads and Gems.  As much as I love hearts of all types and styles I just couldn't pass these up. 


And here are some earrings I created and gifted a recent birthday girl.  I love how the birthday card is also the display and carrier for the earrings.  I also made a set for myself out of the coral hearts as this is such a popular color this Spring.  And I just bought a fun new top in coral color.  They will also go with some new coral linen slacks I bought but have yet to wear.  I might be a little bold and bright this year which is not my normal comfort zone.  I tend to mostly wear black or grey and try to blend into the background wherever I am.  Thankfully coral is a very complimentary color on me as I am a true Summer girl.  I love warmth and sunshine!
I would like to extend Happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate.  This really should be everyday of the year.  Being a Mother is the hardest job on the planet.  It is also a very rewarding blessing!  I am so thankful I have a Daughter and am able to experience being a Mother.  I also have two Granddaughters and I love being a Grandma.  Love and Hugs to my Jenifer, Amber (Happy Birthday today!) and Amy.  You make my world complete.
Creative Bliss to every single one of you who take the time to read and leave me comments and thank you for being part of my blogging experience...

14 comments:

  1. Those heart beads really are awesome! I too love hearts...happy Mother's Day, Sherry! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Your ATC's are lovely and the ones you received in return are so charming. I've always wanted to join in one of Kim's swaps but have always been too intimidated by the tremendous talent of her participants. I'm going to have to give myself a talking to and throw caution to the wind! :)
    I've also wanted to try the pocket pal letter swaps (in your previous post), looks like so much fun. You've inspired me to try to reach outside my comfort zone and try something new.
    Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ATCs, Sherry! They're wonderful. I, too, enjoy making them, but it's been a while since I've been able to sit down and play at them. I'm sure your receipients will be thrilled to have them.

    I can see you've been having fun in your studio...busy creating the most sweet gifts. (I like Fire Mountain Beads, too. They have a great selection!)

    Happy Mother's Day, my friend. I'm blessed to be a stepmom to two wonderful sons; and their children make my heart sing. This grandma will have a quiet day at home with Grandpa and we'll talk with everyone on the phone during the day. We'll see them soon enough, and I'll hug them all in person then.

    Blessings always,
    xoxo
    Donna and Tag (Bella Butt, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cards are so small, to be able to create things so lovely on such a small scale is wonderful. Lovely earrings, here in the UK the shops this year seem full of colourful clothes at last, it is good to see some colour but like you i prefer to blend into the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those ATCs - both the ones you made and received. Those beads are like sweets and decorating a card to present earrings on has got me thinking now. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day, Sherry! I love looking at ATCs. Some day I might try making some! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful ATC's and I can tell you love creating them, what amazing earrings as well and the card being the carrier is such a beautiful idea! Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ATCs are wonderful. And your tip for using mat board is a great idea. The hearts- so funny, but I just bought some of them at a bead store in Sedona when we were traveling. I was drawn to them, too. The earrings turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The earrings and the card is a great idea. Great ATC too. Happy Mother's Day Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sherry-HAPPY MOTHERS DAY , my friend,
    we celebrate today, too.
    I have seen examples of your French General ATC`s they are wonderful, and the ones you had in return looks so wonderful,too, and your sweet hearts truly looks like skittles,-my grandkids loves skittles :-)
    Sweet,sweet earrings too, and a great way of sending them as a part of the card ,Sherry.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ATC's!!!! They are just so much fun to look at!!! And you're so lucky to receive them as well...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherry
    What beautiful ATCs you have created with the French General theme. The fabric you have used is gorgeous and you have decorated them with such life using your embellishments and, of course, the ones you have received are so cleverly created!
    Sweet earings too. Hope your Mother's Day was special!
    Creative hugs to you,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ATC's look so amazing, Sherry!! I love the details you added!! And what beautiful ones you've received in return!! Love those ceramic heart earrings!! So beautiful...and I love how you hung them on the card, too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those heart beads, and the earrings you made are really cute. Clever to make the card the carrier and display board for the earrings, too. Your ATC's are wonderful. Hope you had a very Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.