Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sew Happy Today...


I am "sew" happy today because I have gotten to sew!  I almost feel selfish...but not too much.  Instead of doing indoor or outdoor chores I decided to spend my time sewing.  With all the fabric I have I get to feeling very guilty because I am not sewing.  Mr. C often tells me to get rid of my fabrics and that is just not possible for me to do at this time.  Therefore I felt it was time to use some of them and sew!  Since it has been a while I of course had to make some adjustments in my project.  As a matter of fact if you look closely you will see two items with one behind the other.  I wasn't quite happy with my zipper skills on the bottom project.  I like to make these envelopes for holding projects.  Or...for holding lingerie or jewelry or scarves.  I needed another birthday gift and this is what I created for the recipient.  Sewing is truly stress reducing for me...if I am not making mistakes.  lol
Our weather continues to be dry and cool and overcast.  We almost had a couple of raindrops yesterday but they dried up on the way to the deck.  Nothing made it to the ground.  I shall need to hand water a few more plants.  I am still praying and hoping for rain!  So sad that some of you are having too much rain and flooding situations.  May you be safe from harm.
I am keeping this post short so I can get back to my sewing.  I shall share my next project soon. 
Creative Bliss in this month of May...

15 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous!! I love the fabrics you used!! I so wish I could sew...I have a little cheap sewing machine that I use to stitch on cards and I still manage to have problems with it. Praying for rain for you. Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry! Your fabric envelopes are lovely! You did a beautiful job. (I probably haven't sewn in a zipper in 40 + years and I remember not relishing the task.) Hooray for a creative play day! We went to the Getty museum today to see the Turner exhibit before it closes this weekend - gorgeous day in L.A. but I'd trade it for rain now in a second! Still doing my whirly twirly dance and incantations over here for you and I :) Happy week to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the mood to sew pillowcases... no zippers involved! However, I first need to clear a path to my sewing machine. Yes, the room's a mess again. At least you've had the excuse of helping out Mr. C. I have no excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So or "sew" glad you got to "sew"!!! It does give one a good feeling doesn't it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute fabric envelope. It is nice for pens and your daily planner to go in your purse.
    Our weather is so hot and humid. I can't wait for those May showers, although it is almost the end of the month and it has been very dry.
    Have fun creating. Happy crafting. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful pouches are always a treasure - the fabric you chose for these is perfect...I love anything that reminds me of the older Robyn Pandolph roses quilting fabrics! Mr. C. will just have to put up with the fabric, my sewing friend...much as he has his cars, you have the textiles. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. envelope looks lovely, I have got rid well put it into bags some dressmaking fabric but would never part with my stitchy fabrics
    We have had quite a bit of rain here seems so unfair why can it not fall evenly for everyone, spring seems to have vanished it feels more like march than may it is so chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel guilty. You are working and using your resources!!!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty keepers! Glad to hear you have etched out some play time. All remodel and no play makes a girl snappy. What was Mr. C thinking saying to get rid of your fabrics! Horror! He must think how he would feel if he were told to get rid of his hobbies/passions. More horror! hahaha Have fun amongst your beloved fabrics Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry I am glad you had day of sewing. Those envelopes will make nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your envelopes looks so beautiful Sherry- very lovely. Have some happy hours sewing, ..my husbond also wants me to throw out many of my materials,- NO WAY !!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been doing so many outside jobs (because it's spring) that I am falling behind on some of my indoor jobs . . . sewing has just been put on the back burner and I miss it so much. I am so happy to hear that you just made up your mind to have a day of sewing. Good for you. I hope that I can be inspired and do the same very soon:) I love the fabric in your bags. Your birthday girlfriend will be very pleased:)
    Keep smiling.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those envelopes are beautiful! I sometimes feel guilty, too, that I have so much fabric and yet some days just don't feel like sewing. I'm lucky my hubby hasn't suggested throwing it out...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness, I was hoping you had rain by now!! So glad you got a chance to sew, I know, nothing makes me happier than creating. Thank you for your well wishes on the Flea, Oh I wish you could be there too, I would love to meet you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous fabric envelopes Sherry, and I love that floral fabric!! Oh you can't get over rid of your fabrics!!! My husband often tells me that I have far too much craft stuff and to get rid of some!!! Erm.... No! ... They just don't understand do they?! Lol ;) .. Looking forward to seeing what your next project will be :) ...have a lovely weekend... Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.