Thursday, December 31, 2015

Good-Bye 2015...


As I say good-bye to 2015 I am reflecting on my journey of this soon to be over year.  It was a busy year for Mr. C and I.  We had our highs and lows just like so many others. 
I am extremely grateful for all that I am able to enjoy in my life.  I am very thankful for my family and friends and followers here in blogland.  It is amazing to me that like-minded souls across this world can share creative joy and inspiration. 
In 2016 I shall continue to pursue the simple life that keeps me grounded.  I do not embrace all of technology that keeps us connected 24/7/365.  I feel it is part of why the world seems to be spinning faster and faster.  I wish to slow down and savor my days.  I wish to be present in the happenings of my life.  I do not rush the future.  I stop and smell the flowers.  I talk to the moon.  I speak to animals.  I try to do Random Acts of Kindness every day.  I pray for Peace across our World. 


Mr. C's pond during the summer when no snow or ice or extremely cold temperatures freeze everything.  I have spent many hours at this pond.  Taking care of it and nurturing it's plants.  Spending time reflecting on life.  There is great Peace and Joy at this pond. 
May everyone find Peace and Joy and All Good Blessings in this New Year of 2016...

18 comments:

  1. Happiest of new years to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel all the better just reading this calm, inspiring post,, Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post & pics have a very serene & peaceful effect . Very refreshing & inspiring. Hope you have just the kind of year you have visualized :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    You are so right that we need to slow things down a bit. Perhaps that is why I took an unintended blog break. A new granddaughter and just wanting to do things without having to feel the need to blog about them was a wonderfully relaxing couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very peaceful NewYear. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes the simple life! May you have a wonderful New Year, full of Happiness and Peace.
    hugs, susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could all do with a pond - or at least something that instills the same sense of peace in us. Happy new year wishes to you - may it be filled with love, laughter and peaceful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful scene to gaze upon. I am happy to be in the generation that knew how to live before technology made the new generation lazy and unable to entertain themselves. It sounds like you have a wonderful outlook on life to make yourself and Mr. C happy beings. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you Sherry and your wonderful way of being in the world. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a very lovely new year
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Mr. & Mrs. C! Quiet and peaceful sounds good to me also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear Sherry, such a most beautiful post from you, -I can so relate to your ponderings of life, and our needs, and I`m afraid you are right, in thinking we are all making our world spinn too fast !! So beautiful for you to have your pond, to find piece and new energy, dear.
    Happy New Year my friend,- see you out there, in 2016 !! Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. A walk around that lovely pool. You are on the right path, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sherry, so well said my friend. I wish for you a wonderful new year filled with all the joys that make your heart sing. May you be blessed with health, happiness, creativity and always lots of love.
    Thank you for your friendship!! Sending hugs your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes for a very, very happy 2016! Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year, Sherry. I have been out of touch for so long and while agree with your comment about technology making the world spin faster, I am so grateful for the ways it has made keeping in touch easier. So many people have given up blogging or taken long breaks (like me this past year) but I give you lots of credit with being disciplined about keeping up with yours. I have just spent some quiet time looking at pictures of your Chrustmas decorations and enjoyed seeing all of them. Your mouse collection is adorable!
    Wishing you a wonderful 2016, filled with time to do the things you enjoy!
    xo
    joyce

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Sherry. Such a wonderfully serene post. I love my visits here. I am counting down the days to when Spring weather arrives and I can enjoy our pond once again. Oh, I wish I could slow the spinning world. I often wish my Dad was still alive to give me perspective on current events.
    Best wishes for a very peaceful New Year.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous pond!! I would spend many hours there, too!! I hope 2016 brings you all you wish for my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.