Saturday, December 5, 2015

Owl Pincushions...


Sometimes when you are reading blogs do you ever just find something that makes you smile and stays with you until you give in and make one?  It happened to me earlier this summer.  I was reading Heather's blog "Seriously Crazy 4 Craft" and her little Owl Pincushions adopted me.  I only needed to make one for someone special I had in mind.  Thank you Heather for sharing so generously.


Oops as you see here making just one was not an option.  They are so easy to create I found myself cutting every scrap of fabric into these little owls.  I believe I ended up making a baker's dozen.  I found them to be super cute in non-traditional colors and fabrics.  After all they are for fun.


I stuffed mine with a bit of fiber fill and a lot of crushed walnut shells.  The shells help keep pins and needles nice and sharp.  With all the use I get out of my pins and needles they need to be sharp.  These three Wise Owls are sporting a beaded decorative pin also.  Visit Heather's blog link to get her pattern and complete tutorial.  Did I mention it is free?  Now that fits into my budget nicely.
Mr. C and I took a drive this week to visit some Christmas lights and do a little shopping amidst the hustle and bustle.  We both truly enjoyed our day as we took our time and did things we hadn't done before.  It was quite nice to spend time together and enjoy some Christmas Cheer.  Now I am back to sorting out Christmas decorations from years and years of collecting.  I have decided I can share some of my things with others that don't have much.  To Mr. C's dismay I do have a constant Christmas theme through my entire life.  Mice!  They are the predominant décor I have.  From tiny to large and from silly to serious.  Nope!  Not giving up any of my mice.  I have collected mice since I was a very little girl and I am enchanted with them...especially when they are not real and living in my garage.  Designer Cheese?  Did anyone say, "Free Designer Cheese"?  At least they have a really good Last Supper.
May your lists be short and your Joy be long...

23 comments:

  1. Oh I love these little owls! They remind me of my dear friend Kimber who died suddenly a few years ago. She collected owls & I certainly would have made her a bunch of these. I might have to make some myself...after the other holiday projects are done.

    I had a collection of mice when I was a kid, too. I still have a few of the most special ones. We had little mice as pets, too. They really are adorable.

    I have your December banner done & will mail it on Monday...yea!!!

    Merry & Happy!
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Owls and mice - perfect for Christmas decorating as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cute little owl pincushions. I think it's lucky for me that I don't use pincusions...otherwise I'd have a huge collection of those. But I prefer my pins in a pretty bowl. Mr. C enjoying holiday stuff? Are you sure you weren't dreaming? LoL Merry and Bright wishes to you Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an adorable pin cushion! I can see why you couldn't stop at just one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Thankyou for he link to the pattern which I have downloaded. Have been thinking I need a pin cushion on my desk and did't really have a pattern in mind. . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, these are the cutest pincushions ever!! I love the adorable owls!! So sweet!! The fabrics you used are fabulous!! I'd love to see some pictures of your collection of mice!! I don't mind looking at them as long as they're not real ;) Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable!!!! And THANK you for my gift!!!! I'm doing a post on it for Monday!!!! I love it...thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little owls are adorable!!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial, my dear. Enjoy a restful and relaxing Sunday.
    Hugs from FL.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sherry your owls are so cute.Your mice collection sounds adorable. Have fun decorating. Blessings for the rest of the weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. can see why you made so many owls off to check out the instructions now, thanks for telling us about these cuties

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! Must go visit that blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Must go visit that blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute.What fun to create different "personalities" for each one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful owl pincushions! Don't let them get hold of the mice though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep I see things on other blogs and sometimes i start them right away and other times I save them and forget and never make them. Glad they made you smile enough Sherry to actually make some. They are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, clever friend - these are delightful. I saw them last night, via my phone, but it's too hard to leave a comment. LOVE these! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sherry. So nice to come to your blog and read your post. Always brings a smile to my face. Your owls are adorable. Really cute as a pin cushion.
    I have not purchased a thing to gift yet. I am really only buying my nieces baby 2 toys that I think she could enjoy for a while, and our 4 children will be gifted money. And then a couple more gifts but that is all.
    Believe it or not I have been crafting almost daily. I was in a few chunky charm swaps and I have been creating layouts for the babies scrapbooking album. Maybe I will share sometime next year.
    Have a great week and stay warm. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew you would be up to something cute! Love the owl pincushions...pincushions are just something you can never have too many off, so many places to use them! Collecting mice all your life, you must have some really neat little guys and some that mean the world to you. Have a very Merry Christmas!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are super cute and I am sure the walnut shells give them a really nice weight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I see so many things on other blogs that I want to make and that owl is one of them. Too cute! Christmas mice...a sweet thing to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello dear mice- collector, Sherry :-) how wonderful that mice have been such a treasure for you fron childhood, you must have really many I believe. And your sewed owls are so funny and sweet. I have to "throw" out, from collections here aswell, but it will only be after christmas, as for now I have sooooooo much to do !!
    Hope you are well, Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sherry, love seeing your darling owls again. Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. You always are such a dear encourager and I thank you for being so uplifting. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week. Happy Creating. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.