Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blushing Pinks Choker-Lampwork and Lace

Blushing Pinks Choker - Lampwork and Lace. This is my newest creation. Burgundy grosgrain ribbons with Italian lace ribbon and green leaf ribbon all hand stitched together. The lampwork button focal piece is artisan made by Carol Rose. I purchased it a few years ago at our local artisan boutique held Thanksgiving weekend not knowing what I wanted to do with such a special piece. The obvious was to use it as a button on a sweater or something but that never really interested me as I hardly ever wear sweaters. Then one day the choker vision came to me and I really like how it is the focal piece.
I like to hand stitch my pieces together as I believe it is so much more hand created than mass produced. This choker has a lot of dimension with the Italian lace ribbon that is ruffled and stitched atop the leaf ribbon. I also hand stitched some lovely 6.0 seed beads to add interest and dimension. The choker ties in back with soft grosgrain 1/2" ribbon so the size is adjustable.
This is listed in my etsy shop and I would love to have you pop over and take a look for yourselves.
I am so pleased with how this turned out. From my vision to a finished piece.
I see this being worn with everything from Prom dresses to bridesmaid dresses to sundresses to tank tops and of course with elegant Victorian costumes.
What would you wear this with?

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Looks like you are having lots of fun in your studio.

    The sun is shining in San Francisco. Feel so good! Hope you are getting sun in Nevada City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! I am not sure it would be for me but I know a lot of others who would look wonderful in this!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.