Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chillaxation...

This is another view from my Kitchen and Great Room deck. It is our pond Mr. Createology built himself. He went to pond college and then got busy creating this masterpiece. I can truly say that nothing gives me greater pleasure than this spot of nature and all it's wonder. As the summer progresses I will post better photos of it however for now this is a sneak peek.
Yesterday was the most relaxing day in a long time. It was also one of the busiest days. How could it be relaxing?
We visited with friends at a local open house for a super interesting business that just happens to have set the world land speed motorcycle record at Bonneville Salt Flats last fall. I had not seen the production plant and I love all the equipment and parts and what it takes to produce product.
Then we stopped by a local car show for Mini Cooper cars. They are so cute and quick. I just love seeing what people do to make theirs unique.
Then we went to town where all the super excitement is as Amgen preparations are in full swing. It begins here today in a few short hours. Lance Armstrong is here again folks.
Where are my pictures you ask? I forgot to take my camera along with me yesterday. How thoughtless of me. I do apologize.
Last evening we celebrated Mr. Createology's birthday with friends. We each bring food and that way no one person has all the burden. Dinner was delicious with BBQ Tri-tip, baked beans, potato salad (made from scratch!) and cibatta bread. YUM! Then we had birthday fudge brownies with home made vanilla ice cream. Yes, that would be Margaret who brings dessert. She is a master at desserts...especially chocolate. Lots of eating and lots of stories and lots of laughter with friends. It doesn't get much better than that.
Such a great day. I think we shall have another one today!
How are you relaxing this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very exciting fun weekend. Happy B'day to Mr. C too. I would love to have a mini cooper and I would paint it to look like a ladybug. That would make people smile. LOL Brownies and home-made ice cream. Yum!!!! Well back to my gardening. PS I love the blushing pink choker!!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful area. Mr. Creatology is very creative himself! I would love looking out on this...it is so calming!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a peaceful view, Mr. Creatology (happy birthday!) is quite the landscapist. Very pretty yard, indeed. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day to Mr. C! Sounds like you guys have a fab weekend, and I'm so glad! What a stunning pond! Your home must be absolutely amazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day you had! Such a lovely pond. We have one too and the only thing I hate about it is cleaning it, This weeks chore. Scrub out all the pond plants and clean pond, but its worth it when its all done. Your bbq and birthday party sounded wonderful.
    it dosent get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, special place! Party sounds terrific! hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Chillaxation! Sounds like the perfect day to me.

    Hope you are enjoying a lot of sunshine too today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh this is beautiful! You are a lucky girl! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.