Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More Comfort Angels...

Another batch of Comfort Doll Angels are completed and on their way to be distributed to Battered Women Shelters. I like to make these fabric hearts as they are small enough to hold in your hand or put in a pocket. They can always be with you for the comfort and love they represent.
Fun vintage fabric, sewn and stuffed. A wooden painted face surrounded with beads and handstitched to the heart. This smile is so sweet.
This time I put angel wings using hydrangea silk leaves and a flower. Then a touch of glitter just for some sparkle.
I think I have finally found my favorite template for comfort dolls. This heart shape is truly what this project represents. Love and caring for others.
As you can tell I never tire of donating my time and materials. I feel so fortunate to be able to help others. I would like to think I give a smile to someone who needs one. :o)


7 comments:

  1. What a kind-- and super-talented!-- person you are. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. your comfort angels are really sweet, and I'm sure they brighten the lives of the women that have them, its always nice to know someone cares......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so......love it that you do these comfort dolls for the battered women shelters. They certainly bring a smile to this poor ole' soul.

    Blessings,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly sweet and "kindhearted" creations! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. You use your gifts to give such loving gifts to others. What an angel you are here on earth! Very inspiring...thank you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been trying to get into doing some sort of project like this and i am very impressed with this pattern. cannot even imagine i would have to buy a thing to create hundreds of them. can you tell me who to get in touch with so i could get something like this started here locally.. my mom and her friends make baby quilts and distribute them to those shelters, etc and to the hospitals as not all babies have loving parents that can afford a nice quilt and theirs are pretty and well made but not fancy by a quilters standards, but when given these quilts, the love shines through and blesses them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.