Monday, May 16, 2011

Celebrations...Birthdays, Graduations, Anniversaries

May continues to be a very busy month. Lots of celebrations happen in May.
This wicker bottle carrier was perfect for a bottle of celebration champagne. I decorated the carrier with a row of ribbon around the bottom edge. Then I glued on a row of dark silk rose leaves. Next a row of pink silk rose buds. A couple of the leaves on the handle top. Done. Unfortunately I neglected to photo the finished carrier with the champagne and some fun polka dot tissue and a homemade gift tag tied with ribbon to the bottle. Even Mr. C thought this turned out looking great.

I made a neclace and earring set for the birthday lady. She likes bling and that is what this has. It is also adjustable and can be worn at many different lengths. The earrings are about 1 inch in length and compliment the necklace. This photo truly does not show the bling of the crystals.



Here is a closeup view of the many crystal dangles and the heart charm for love. No idea if the birthday lady liked it as the gifts weren't opened at the celebration party.

I make things that I personalize to the recipients taste and this should be just right. Lots of bling and glitz and flexibility in wearing it for daytime or nighttime.

My muse and I are really missing the creative side of making jewelry. Maybe I should get the beads out more often.

A new week...they seem to be passing by very quickly.

Very cold weather however the snow is melting and the rain is not so bad.

Makes for a great day to work indoors with organizing and prepping in the studio. Oh and about seven loads of laundry. Isn't Monday considered "wash day". I don't know who snuck their laundry into mine but I am determined to get it all done! At least for a day or so. :o)

Happy and productive week to all...




6 comments:

  1. An adjustable necklace? That would be so cool.
    I'm thinking it is going to take me all week to do my laundry because I'm in and out this week. But I started on the 'washday'! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what wonderful gifts you designed. I love the bottle basket with the roses around the bottom. So unique! And, the jewelry is wonderful. Your birthday girl will be so excited to receive such treasures. You are so talented and yes, should make more jewelry.

    As for the laundry, today was my wash day too and it seemed to go on forever,LOL~ all the while trying to work in the studio. Well, that is the beauty in working from home!!

    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. So enjoyed my visit here tonight.
    Have a great week.
    XO Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow, what a crazy year we have had weather wise!! Thank you for your very kind comments, they were so sweet...Well, thank you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a wonderful gift you made your friend- I love the red blings, and that it is adjustable, and the bottle carrier- so great too,-
    Has your snow dissapered? here it is really raining today.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cold and wet and gloomy here, but...snow??! ugh. I'm sorry to hear this. I love your positive attitude though! ~Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. I loved the note you wrote on my blog...so kind and caring. It really helps to feel the warmth.
    Big hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.