Saturday, May 28, 2011

Creative, Relaxing, Friends, Food...

Table placecard and combined coaster. Very simple to do. Use fun paper coasters and stack with a dab of glue between. Add a paper flower with the wire looped through the doily holes. I added a chipboard tag with ribbon looped through the doily holes. These were so simple to do and really added to the tablescape. I was thinking of a garden theme without being fussy.
My entire goal was simple and casual for this luncheon.
It was all about the friendship and sharing of time together.

Keeping in the garden theme I made a batch of fabric and lace flower pins. I knew the color choices of several but not all so I made a range to select from.


Here is the range of colors. They really added something to the table as well. And when food was finished I let each guest select their favorite to take home with them. It was heartwarming that each person selected their favorite color and immediately put them on.


Here is the side view of the table. In keeping with the sunny garden theme I used my newest set of melamine for outdoor dining. However even though it is the end of May we are still in very cold temperatures with spits of rain and no sunshine in sight. Far too cold to sit outdoors. I even had set out bubbles for everyone in case sitting by the pond was in order...however no way in our cold weather. We enjoyed an indoor luncheon.


Good Friends! Enjoying laughter, stories, food and friendship. It does not get any better.



The lengthwise view of the table before guests arrived. The simple food was tuna salad, egg salad, crackers, lettuce wraps, veggies, pickles, olives, quinoa salad and beverages. I set out mini vases filled with fresh Rosemary from the garden. Then dressed the food with fennel fronds. This is a great way to get aromatics that aren't overwhelming.

My dear friend Lorraine brought double chocolate brownies for dessert which we inhaled!

Now this was a wonderful way to spend the day.

May each of you have a wonderful and safe (holiday) weekend.

I will be relaxing and serving leftovers...











16 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like a wonderful way to spend the day indeed! Your pins are adorable, I like all your designs. Happy and unique!
    Have a creative weekend sweet friend o xx o

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, I have more fun setting the table than preparing the food, although those brownies sound mighty good! Have a great weekend!

    I see you are missing your followers also! Hope they get it fixed soon!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Enjoy, dear friend! Sounds lovely. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup! I do the table and my dearie does the food. Looks like you have a lovely setting for dining. Neat house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and inviting table. I have not had friends over like that in a while, you have inspired me. I love the flower pins for each guest. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it the best thing, to be around friends and FOOD? And especially when the table has been carefully and lovingly set...as here. Thank you dear creative one, for coming to see our Paris posts. We had such fun, I will never forget it!!! Many thanks for your complements!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to spend a little more time with setting my table :) Looks like a great time and i love the little lace flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The table was beautiful as were your darling pins. You thought of everything. Perfect menu wonderful food and friends. What more could a person ask for.
    I am still red and swollen and waiting for test results. But life is short and I have things to create and do. Being a fair skinned person and loving to garden I try to take every precaution. As a teen I worshiped the sun and was a swimmer. So I guess I pay the price now. I do go for a full body scan every year now and so far so good. Back to painting and have a great weekend eating those leftovers! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing you wonderfully collected items made into beautiful creations!! The brooches are so romantic!

    I found you at Anita's Paris Party and hope you will visit my post for Paris!

    PS A very fashionable Giveaway starts on the 1st.

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. You set a beautiful luncheon table with great food.
    Love your darling pins. So creative and how wonderful for each to receive.

    I am having lots of blogger issues too and can not sign in. Sure hope it gets resolved!

    Thank you for stopping by and your kind words. I hope you are enjoying a nice holiday weekend.
    Happy Memorial Day and week ahead.
    Hugs from Texas,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful time with good friends and good food. It's just the best isn't it? Adorable flower pins.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  12. bon appetit my friend!!!
    this table is soooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, it looks so beautiful AND so fun!! I hope you had a wonderful time!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing like spending time with dear friends! Love your creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you made a wonderful table, settings,food and the gift--so beautiful.
    I love your pinns-and your rosemary on the table.
    XO,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful time you must have had, it dosent get much better than this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.