Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lost days of blogging...

Do you ever have a plan and your plan gets sidetracked? That is what has happened to me.
Bad Blogger.com really caused me to get my plan off track when it decided to have a two day breakdown. Yes, I admit I am addicted to blogging and so many super creative artists who blog. I was beside myself every time I checked my computer merely to find Blogger "unavailable".
Well I am flexible and I did manage to spend my time otherwise as well. I did a LOT of yardwork. It is amazing to me how quickly our five month very wet winter turned from nice moist ground to harder than a clay brick which won't release even the tiniest weed when I tug on it. So after spending untold hours on my hands and knees you would never even guess that I had done so much weeding. Argh............
I also sewed. The fabric in the top photo was purchased for a special yoke on a swing jacket. The grey circles are actually a bit metallic and I love the sheen they have.

Then I thought how fun to use my Texture Magic and sew a grid pattern on this fabric. I sewed four circles in each grid. Next time I would sew the same four circles but inside of each circle to see what design comes from the magic.


Now I have a photo of the sewn fabric which I have partially steamed and you can begin to see the pattern emerging. I do love the texture that this process creates. It does take a bit of time and a lot of thread but what a fun technique. I remember hand smocking with my Grandma many years ago and I can honestly say that was time consuming!


So now my fabric is all "smocked". What was I thinking? What plan did I think I had? The bulk that this fabric would create on the yoke of my jacket is far more than this mature body needs to be wearing.

Well, now I have a lovely piece of fabric and have scrapped the jacket yoke plan. It would make a lovely pillow however I have no rooms with these color schemes. How about a tote bag? I am flexible and will merely put the fabric on a padded hanger in the sewing closet to await the perfect project.

So this week has been quite the challenge in my planning department.

Today we are preparing for rain and snow tomorrow. Our temperatures have dropped and it is quite cold. Unusual? No. Last year it snowed in May. The Amgen bicycle race is supposed to begin tomorrow in nearby Lake Tahoe and then on Monday pass through our little Historic gold town. Do they even make snow tires for racing bicycles? Hmmm...plans and flexibility are what life is all about.

I hope everyone is recovering from Blogger misbehaving. May you each have a relaxing and wonderful weekend.

Now I am off to catch up on my favorite blogs I missed for two days. :o)







7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness.....i SO love the way you transformed your circle fabric! it went from fab to fabulous!! i'm sure the perfect project will reveal itself just at the right time! glad blogger seems to be fixed......for now anyway.....eeek! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girlfriend:
    I'm looking forward to see what you decide to create with this fabric. I'm sure it will be scrumptious!

    Snow again? whew! Stay safe and warm, please.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your fabric turned out, but bummer that you aren't able to use it for your planned project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! I ended up taking a week off from blogging. Blogger was giving me trouble and needed to focus on work and kiddos anyway. I'll be posting again today. So, what are you going to do with this fabric my friend? Had to change your mind? Can't believe you are going to get snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful transformation. I got a bit done, too, with blogger down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Gosh Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous creation. I believe that a bag would be the perfect item for this gorgeously smocked fabric. It turned out so perfect. I can't wait to see a finished product with it. I LOVE it.

    Snow did you say? I have been in the garden the last 2 days and soaking up some 100 degree SUN. I wish I could bottle it up and send it right on out to you. It felt so good yesterday on my aching bones. I do not like cooler weather, and the desert this year had several really cool days, almost 2 months. SO happy the heat is back. Yea!!!!

    Have a beautiful Sunday sweet friend. I can't wait to see the finished product from this labor of love.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool, Sherry. Neat fabric. I'm for hitting the weeding early tomorrow morning. Yay for sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.