Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Clean, Fresh, Renewed Creative Space...

Here is Vintage Janey and she is welcoming you to my clean, fresh, renewed creative space also known as my sewing room. In my last post you saw the before photos of this sewing room and how messy it was after making some projects recently. Well, this room really needed a lot more of a Spring cleaning than I even realized. I spent two twelve hour days up and down on the ladder to get this room in shape. I removed everything from the shelves and cleaned them and then put back my treasures. This time I filled the decorative boxes with supplies and labeled them so I know what I put where. What a great concept...especially for me. :o)

Now these shelves are not only decorative but also functional. My desk is now usable as I cleared off the piles of fabrics and projects and put the typewriter on the conference table in the office since I use it so seldom.


This corner seating area is a real treat in this room. You can see my view which is like seeing paradise. From these windows I can watch the deer as they come right up close to eat my plants. In past years we have had wild turkeys hang out in the ferns and fountain area. Of course you can see rabbits, skunks, squirrels, birds of all kinds and even a possum and racoon or two. The native trees are Sugar Pines, Cedars, Oaks, Douglas Firs, Madrones and other pine trees.


This is the sewing machine station. I have a serger also which is just to the right of my chair. This Koala cabinet is wonderful and folds up to a small size with the machines inside to accomodate extra company who need to use this room for stay overs. The sofa is also a bed. Did you notice my hat boxes with the laces showing along the edges? I had these in the closet empty and decided to utilize them. I piled them up and put a stack of doilies on top just as though I am celebrating with a giant cake. I love this fun bit of whimsy.



This is the view from the door entering my wonderful creative space. Now with its clean, neat, refreshed and renewed inspiration I am thinking of my next projects I can now make.

I am truly blessed to have such a creative sewing space. My hard work for two days has paid off in more ways than I can express. Even though I know I will mess it up again it will be with fun and magical fabric and thread and lace and whatever else I select. This is a very happy room.









19 comments:

  1. I love your creative space. The window seat would be wonderful to sit, sew and enjoy the view!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and I luv that corner window seat and the hat boxes. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your windows onto Nature's Paradise! It's too bad Janey can't enjoy it, too. :-) A wonderful space for creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhhhh, that corner nook looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fantastic creative space! I think you've made it absolutely perfect. The window seating area is so beautiful. I think that would be one of my favorite areas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks gorgeous! I can't believe what a beautiful creating room you have!
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm inspired too - just looking at it.
    Love your window corner, the view and comfy cushions. It looks like the perfect place to curl up and day dream... about laces and ribbons and all things pretty!
    Nicely done Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a studio!! you have the perfect light , and the perfect place! I was very moved reading your 2 " memory lane" posts. our grand mothers are diamonds, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the most beautiful room! It must feel really good to walk into it and know it is all clean and organized. I have been pecking away at mine for a week, but I think I will have to do what you did and spend some real time there to get it truly cleaned up.
    Did you find things you forgot you had or wondered where it was?
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like it was a huge undertaking, the results are wonderful! Want to come do mine? it might take you 10-twelve hour days. LOL
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful job you did of cleaning and sprucing up your space! It looks great!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE you happy craft/sewing room. You are a lucky lady to have such a wonderful space.
    What about the weather today.
    Fabulous! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your studio is beautiful! I love all that white furniture and shelves. And that view is to die for - truly gorgeous!! I could curl up in that window seat and do handwork for hours. I'm not quite finished with my studio clean-up but this has inspired me to get my butt in gear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a beautiful room to work in. You are really lucky to have that space and it looks very welcoming too. I look forward to seeing your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Love your room...so nice and organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the lovely tour around your sewing room - before and after! All your hard work was definitely worth it! Not only is your room full of wonderful things it is so very pretty too! That corner window seating area - and all the varied wildlife you get too - fantastic! I think I'd be looking out the window all the time - LOL.

    In my craft room I too have a sofa bed which is really useful. I also have a cabinet for my sewing machine - although yours is much bigger. They're so useful though being able to close up.

    I love all the open shelving above your desk too - I love storage of any description, and yours is so pretty!

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful creative space ........... now, when can you come and re-organise mine - LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. FAB-U-LOUS!! How divine and beautiful and so super-charming..what a lovely space..and such gorgeous treasures to adorn it...you are super talented...wonderful space of creative bliss!!thankyou for sharing it..now i wanna create and play!
    HUgs
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your space is wonderful. How great to have that light with the window seat. Makes me want to curl up in there and see all the creations that come out. :) Thank you so much for visiting me and for the sweet comment. You really made my day.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.