Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Sewing and Pocket Letters...


Hello November.  You are beginning the month in a most productive manner.  Thank You.
I thought I was done sewing Dresses for Girls Around the World...until my local ladies invited me to join them.  I have just completed six dresses and here they are shown on the sewing room love seat.  I was able to unpack enough of my sewing supplies and machine in order to sew these.  Now I have renewed zest and will continue to sew.


Yesterday, today and the rest of this week I decided to make a mess on my studio work table which is 4' x 9' and such a joy to work on.  It is high enough that I don't have to lean over and kill my back.  This is also where I do all my sewing fabric cutting.  With the holidays coming all too quickly, I decided I better get busy.  I gathered supplies and got to work...actually this is pleasure for me.


I am creating some Pocket Letters for Christmas mailings.  Due to the cost of postage, I am keeping them very simple. Just a few stickers and some chocolate and a little surprise charm.


I decided to use one of my many 2018 calendars I buy from multiple charity organizations.   This little fox just melts my heart. I will have lots of variety when I am finished.  The post office is already getting busy.  We have November birthdays to celebrate. My Granddaughter Amy and Mr. C's Sister along with some friends.  Happy Birthday to each of you. 
We are getting rain and the Fall leaves are blanketing the ground. Winter is near and I feel the chill in the air.  I shall try my very best to Embrace Winter this year...as it is not my favorite season. 
November Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving to those in our United States of America.  Bliss and JOY...

14 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to make the dresses, even pulling out your supplies that are packed away!! They will bring such joy to the recipients!! Winter is definitely not my favorite season. It's supposed to be about 20 in the morning...I want to cry!! I hope you have a very wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should enjoy sewing and crafting, especially this time of year! I hope you do more of it Sherry. Thanksgiving will be here in a blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are creating again. Great to feel productive again I would guess. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good, you sound wonderfully joyful and creative! Those little dresses are going to make little girls very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little dresses are so sweet and creatively designed, Sherry! I'm sure some little girls are going to love them! The pocket letters are such a clever idea - have been wanting to make some but I'm super stressed right now working on clearing out my house so I can move to the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dresses are so cute, and such a blessing to those who receive them. What a good idea to use the calendar pages. Those photos are often too pretty to "retire". And pocket letters are just fun. A very nice remembrance for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I`m so glad you got busy sewing and creating again Sherry, I`m sure it will do you good, dear friend. The sweet dresses, will be so loved , where they go, and also the pocket letters .
    Have fun, and enjoy November , not really cold here , yet, but coming next week .
    Hugs to you - Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for sewing and making a mess, all for a good cause. I've been waiting since June for 3 letters from Canada and still haven't received them. Wish we had a reliable postal system so I could mail things and participate in swaps, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed you at the train station but here you are at your work station! Yes, winter is here and we have the white stuff to prove it. Ignore the wet and white stuff and just get creative, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dresses are lovely.The children will feel so special wearing them!.
    Good on you!is there a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo - so good to see you creating and not worrying about living pristine all the time. Yay! The dresses are so cute and what a great idea to use those calendars we get so many of and end up recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see you have been able to get your seeing machine out again. I have just put mine away as I just have hand seeing left on the elves to do. 14 arms to attach and 7 faces to embroider then I'm done. I do like your fox envelope. What a great idea to cut the picture up and then reassemble. Getting really cold here in the
    UK too. HugsMrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative! Everything you make will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A messy studio table is the best.. I read through your last few posts and I must say, sleeping on a plane in Business Class is about the same as a train, like someone has their foot on the bed all night and bounces you around.. exhausting but getting horizontal is better than sitting all night, right? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.