Friday, January 5, 2018

Fresh New Year 2018...


I always enjoy a Fresh New Year with its promises of greatness.  I do not make Resolutions however I have selected a word each year.  I wasn't going to this year however it selected me.  MINDFUL
I shall be Mindful of each and every day as I am determined to make the best of every moment.
In the first few days I was able to accomplish this UFO.  I joined in Pam Kellogg's CQ ATC swap.  You can check out her blog here...Kitty and Me Designs.  This is the second Crazy Quilted Artist Trading Card (ATC) I am submitting. 


I am fairly new to Crazy Quilting and I learn with each project I create.  This ATC looks a little wonky but it is merely my finishing zig zag stitching. This is 2.5" x 3.5" which is the required size.  I am calling this one "Birds and Flowers".  I really like the greens and pinks together.
I came across this Lean Cuisine quote from a few years ago and would like to share it with you.
"The road to success is not straight.  There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends, and caution lights called Enemies.  You will have flat tires called Jobs, but if you have a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, a driver called Will Power, you will make it to a place called Success."
May each of you have a Blessed 2018 with lots of Peace, Joy, Health and Creative Bliss...<3

12 comments:

  1. Your ATC is beautiful! That quote came from Lean Cuisine? Who would have thought? Sherry when you zigzag the edge of the card next time, hold a thin string like cotton crochet thread or some of your tatting thread against the edge of the ATC card as you zigzag and make a Slight curve as you stitch around the corners; don't try to stitch the sharp corner angle. You might need to stitch around he card twice too. See if that will make the outside less wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your crazy quilting! It's something I hope to get back into soon. My sewing machines are in being cleaned, so I'm working on other organization projects right now. Thanks for sharing the quote. It's very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote (not that I like quotes or anything akin to that). I love your atc - lucky the person that gets it in the swap. Read Daryl's comment with interest too - I've never been happy with my card edges either and I'm definitely going to try the crochet thread idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous ATC!! I love the design!! I love that quote, too!! Mindful is a wonderful word for 2018 :) I hope it is a wonderful one for you and your hubby!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work as always Sherry. your creative bliss should be happy with the result for sure. happy new year my friend. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve made an excellent start to 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful ATC! Love the quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer wonky over perfection and I love crazy quilting. Started a square years ago when I was in a fiber arts group and it still sits unfinished. Your stitched ATC is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most wonderful quote I think I have ever read. So spot on. I love the colours on your little ATC. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous ATC! And an excellent quote. I have been practicing mindfulness for several years. It’s made an incredible difference for me. Thinking of you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweetie your CQ atc is so so gorgeous! I love the pinks and greens together, it's among my favourites. Actually may be it's my real favourite. Period. The gorgeous embroidery combined with the beautiful fabrics and embellishments, all on that tiny piece of canvas to work on. Beautiful! Wishing you a most wonderful 2018 filled with love, peace, joy, and of course mindfulness ;) Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really really pretty!!! Love these little cards. Hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.