Monday, May 9, 2011

Inspiration Purchase...

I love to donate lots of things to my local Hospice Gift and Thrift. Hospice provides such a valuable and needed service to so many. I have been blessed not to need their services however one never knows for the future. So I donate whatever I can as often as I can. And in turn I shop there as often as I can. I have even been known to buy things I have donated. :o)

This is not one of the things I donated but it is one of the recent purchases I made. A full size bed skirt ruffle for only $5. When I bought it I thought I would merely cut it up and use the fabric and the flowers for all sorts of projects. After bringing it home and giving it a good laundering I am not certain I can cut it to pieces. This bargain is in perfect condition. What a shame it would be to merely cut it to shreds. And since it is polyester I do not see that it would take coloring very well as I had previously thought. What ever shall I do? Actually I could donate it back to Hospice. I could put it on the sofa bed when I have overflow company however somehow I can't really see anyone appreciating that look. I could merely add it to an already overflowing room of projects. Hmmm...


When you look at this lovely piece of work what do you see? How would you use these embroidered flowers if you cut them out? I still think my $5 was very well spent and the creative possibilities are many. Decisions...decisions...decisions...

We had some rain last night so the plants are thankful for a drink of water. I am glad I have been spending a few hours here and there to clean up after winter's harsh destruction. Giving air and light to smashed and smothered plants. Picking up barrels of twigs, leaves, acorns, weeds and general debris left after so much rain and snow we had for a very long five months of winter. I am looking forward to sunshine this week and the temperatures warming up.

May you have a very creative and pleasant week ahead...

I so enjoy reading all of your blogs and seeing what you are making and doing. I thank you all.





10 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty piece. I have been known to do that too! I have gotten excited over the idea of turning something into something else and then it just doesn't happen. So I end up donating it back. Luckily, that doesn't occur too often and most of the time I do find the inspiration and turn other people's trash into great treasure!
    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful--and such pretty lace! I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day and a lovely weekend.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a beautiful bed skirt and I probably wouldn't be able to cut it up either in such good condition. It would look lovely in a cottage setting or shabby chic, but if that's not your style perhaps you can be creative and find a new purpose. I would love to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sherry, it is lovely. Better give it to a shabby chic gal! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hospice is a wonderful cause, We used them when my Dad was sick and they were such a blessing. I know what you mean, I cut up so many things and then some I just can't. Send some of that rain to Orlando, we are dry as a bone!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I don't think I could cut it. I so know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really is a very pretty lace! I don't know if I could cut it up either but I am not sure what I would do with it either. I would have to think about it. You made me laugh when you said sometimes you buy what you donated! I do also believe that our local Hospice should be supported. They provide a wonderful service.
    THanks so much for your comment the other day. And yes, my boys did clean up spick and span!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Sherry - buying things back you donated in the first place!!! How very kind and generous of you though.

    The edging is very pretty, I think I would remove it and maybe use it as an edging on something else - don't know what though! I'm always buying things I think I could use for something else, and consequently, have quite a pile of stuff now - I really must stop - lol.

    I'm glad your weather is finally improving. Our weather has been so good, so early on in the year, I think we've had our Summer in the UK already!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may not take dye but you could use one of the specialty thin paints such as Lumiere or Jacquard to give it color for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW! I can see your dilemma. Not sure that I could cut it up, but then those flowers cut out would be perfect for so many projects ... add them to a card, make a cushion cover .... hmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.