Saturday, January 28, 2017

Theresa'a Handcrafted Albums...


My friend Theresa is an excellent crafter.  She works wonders with lots of mediums.  Here I want to showcase two card albums she has created for me.  Theresa does not have an active blog however you can find her on FaceBook.  I am very fortunate to receive at least one card per month and they needed a home for safekeeping and display. Theresa came to my rescue.


 The first album she gifted me was full and overflowing.  I didn't even take a photo because so much was falling out onto the table.  Here I am showing both albums once I had reorganized the contents.  Theresa's cards and ATCs and Tags fit so nicely into these hand crafted albums. 


Here you can see the fronts.  She even hand dyed and stamped the fabric for the newest album.  Cards are held into place with fancy yarns tied around the spine. In the newest album I am using all the same ribbon yarn for holding the cards.  These are so beautiful and truly attract attention whenever anyone is over and sees them in my glass cabinet.


Here they are sitting in my glass cabinet awaiting more cards and attention.  I enjoy looking through them from time-to-time.  I have shared Theresa's cards before on my blog and I am continuing to believe she needs to be on a T!m Holtz design team.  Theresa dear I love my gifts and I am truly grateful for our friendship.  Thank you lovely lady.
The sun is shining and the sky is blue.  Winter is very much here and we still have snow on the roof and ground.  Mr. C has had to shovel snow turned to ice off the front walkway and stairs and off the decks. We had a showing this week and we shall continue to wait for the one buyer who loves this home and property as much as we do.  I believe Mr. C and I have been excellent stewards of this special place.
JOYful January continues and we are one day closer to my favorite Summer.  What are you keeping busy with in this cold month of Winter? I am already seeing lots of Valentine happenings.  Maybe it is time for me to do a small display of hearts.  I don't think any potential buyers would mind seeing a few hearts in my home.
I continue to Discover...

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the albums are so gorgeous!! She does an amazing job with them!! And what a beautiful way to keep cards :) I pray that the perfect buyer comes your way very soon!! Enjoy the sunshine!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little albums are a great idea. I recently organized all the cards my daughter has made and sent to me into albums. I love looking back through all my mail art receives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely way to display all your card treasures.
    Fingers crossed a buyer will come soon, not that moving in snow would be any fun but hopefully when the time comes it will be dry, warm and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind works Sherry. The card holders are not difficult to make. You can use fabric or paper. If any of your readers would like the ins and outs I could send you some photos to share on your blog of the step by step. I tried starting a blog and just too much for me at the moment. Looking forward to sending your next card in February. hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these are lovely! I'm a big fan of bookmaking and these will be very useful as well as decorative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful I love handmaDe journals, I made one a few years ago and love it-I use it to enter my hand dye project notes. they are so personal and fun to make Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such nice cards and albums. I too have a friend who loves to make cards and explosion books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sherry, a wonderful way of keeping hold of cards, from friends. And then you even was gifted these two great albums, and also beautiful cards. A lovely friend you have. It sounds so beautiful with snow and sun, here we neither of them.....only grey days ,mostly. So happy for you, people have started arriving to see your home,-suddenly there will be the right one, entering your door, my dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and decorative idea. Your friend is so nice to gift these handmade albums to you. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those albums are so pretty and handy for her creations, you should really get her to start a blog
    HUgs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like perfect albums to hold your card collection - what a nice gift. I have my atc's in 3-ring binders with the plastic sheets that the kids use to hold baseball & hockey cards....functional, but not half as much fun as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherry. Although I have not left you comments I have been reading and keeping up to date with your blog post. I hope your home sells quickly and definitely that the buyer loves it and maintains it as nice as you and Mr. C have.
    Your albums are so fun and nice looking. I bet you are enjoying them. TFS. ana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful albums! You need to get crafting again and inspire those potential buyers. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.