Friday, December 23, 2011

Dear Santa...

 Please define "good".  All year long good is what I thought I was being...doing...achieving...hmmm...
I have checked my lists, mailed my cards and worked ahead so Mr. C and I could take one week before Christmas as a well earned vacation.  Go someplace we had never gone.  Some place warm...
 Here we are.  Warm, tropical and a place to relax and let the year's pressures and exhaustion fade away.  A place to renew our spirits and strength...
 Lush tropical destination.  Oh yes!  Here we are in Maui.  We arrived in a rain storm with wind that never let up the entire week.  The rain did give way to sunshine.  Everyone said just take shorts and flip-flops.  Glad I packed for the North Pole as I was cold at all times.  Please turn off the wind machine. 
 Day two of our eight day tropical paradise vacation.  We had been told we would find our very own "special" place together.  Little did I dream it would be the Maui Urgent Care center.  Mr. C getting a breathing treatment.  He doesn't have Asthma but he does get Asthmatic Bronchitis and it is miserable.  We have been through this many times over our years together. 
Now we visit the local pharmacy to retrieve three prescriptions for Mr. C.  Did I mention it is the week before Christmas?  Even the pharmacy is in the spirit.  We certainly helped the local economy with our visits. 
One day later here I am on vacation in Maui.  I would end up at Urgent Care two more times for me.  Also visited the local pharmacy twice more for a total of 9 prescriptions.  Upper respiratory with ear and sinus infections.  Bronchitis that racks the body and leaves you gasping for a breath...any breath so you can continue to cough.  This is how my week in Maui continued.  Flying home was long and painful.  The doctor said, "No swimming"...good as I don't do water.  He also said, "No wind"...bad as it was some freak weather storm all week long with miserable wind everywhere.  Going outside was not good for me.  But to go to Maui and stay in bed was not the vacation I had envisioned!
We arrived in Maui with rain and then from our balcony we saw this rainbow which was beautiful.  I did enjoy watching the world pass along.  I did see at least a partial rainbow every afternoon. 
So Santa...please define, "good".   I need to do a better job beginning NOW! 
Who would have thought chocolate brown would look so elegant on a Christmas tree.  In person this was stunning.  Just green, gold and chocolate brown.  Delicious!  Merry Maui Christmas!!!
Mr. C and I are home.  We are both recuperating.  We are opening our mail and enjoying cards and letters from so many friends and family.  May you each have a wonderful holiday weekend...
Presents to wrap...friends to get together with...daily chores...oh yeah!  I am thankful to be on the road to recovery. 
Please take time to sip some tea, enjoy what you are doing and most of all stay healthy...

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear that your big vacation took such a terribly uncomfortable and disappointing turn...ugh. I too had a sinus infection and two ear infections all week, with antibiotics, but at least I didnt fly to Maui to do it! You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sherry, I`m so sorry for you, how unfortunately.
    I just want to wish you a merry christmas, dear,
    and all the very best for 2012.
    There is a little card on its way to you, I so hope it will reach you soon.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a terrible shame for the both of you - I'm glad you're on the road to recovery now at least. Do take care and stay safe and warm - and I hope you enjoy Christmas with your friends and family - and all the best for the New Year too.

    .... and of course, we all know what a lovely and GOOD person you are xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear. That is not so good, Sherry. But if all things are relative then it is 'gooder' than what could have been. Take care and here is to a healthy and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear your vacation was anything by merry. Sounds like my last trip to Sri Lanka where everything that could happen, happened to me and then some. I sure hope you two are feeling so much better by now. Being welcomed home with merry mail must have helped a bit. Best wishes and blessings for a very, merry Christmas. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je te souhaite un très bon réveillon. Bisous et à bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sherry That is terrible. To go on vacation and have to be in urgent care and in bed. And such a beautiful trip. Now your home and hopefully things will begin to get better. You and Mr C need to get some rest and drink lots of fluids.
    Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your cards and gifts.
    ANA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no! What a terrible way to spend your holiday. I'm so glad you are recuperating, and back home. I sure hope Santa makes up for the disappointing week.......
    Sending you healing wishes, and Blessings for Christmastime.
    Hugs from Suz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dear, Oh Dear!
    Not a vacation at all, but I am so glad you are on the mend - hopefully you will be 100% soon.
    The chocolate brown on the tree looks gorgeous indeed - very elegant!
    I hope you have a Very Merry Holly Jolly good time this holiday season.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness what a way to start the holiday happy to hear you are both on the mend. Merry Christmas my friend.I hope your holiday is as sweet as you are xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Sherry! Your vacation certainly was fraught with illness for both of you. I'm so sorry! I hereby declare 'NO MORE OF THIS TYPE OF VACATION ALLOWED!' The next vacation will me much more restful.

    Merry Christmas!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something about going to Maui. Our trip there consisted of 19 inches of rain! It is a longgggg plane flight to get there and be drenched in rain. Sorry you were ill, rain is one thing but feeling bad is another.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry this had to happen to you. My last trip to Maui my son ended up in intensive care... to long a story but all worked out well in the end. They have some of the best Drs. there. I hope you can welcome your New Year in good health. I am wishing you well. Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness Sherry....
    This reminds me of our Cancun vacation....
    So sorry you both suffered so.
    Just no telling how we'll feel on those special get-a-ways is there?
    Let's have a better NEW YEAR!!!!
    Hugs, Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! I'm so sorry that your tropical vacation went so awry. Hope you're both recovered and staying warm and cozy indoors now. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh no!!!! How terrible. I'm so sorry to hear both you and Mr. C got sick and in Hawaii!!! No not the dream vacation for either of you. I do hope your both feeling better!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.