Sunday, July 5, 2009

Product Demo = Results...

Our local Ben Franklin had a product demo for Golden Paints and Gels and brought a wonderfully talented gal named Nina from Berkley to demonstrate and give out samples. I couldn't resist attending because I am always reading artisits blogs and they mention using Golden gels in mixed media so I wanted to see before I buy. Well, I saw and then I bought. I treated myself to a set of gel mediums and also a set of fluid acrylics. Luckily I had a wonderful gift card since Christmas from my dear friend Lindsay and that is how I was able to get so much. Thank you very much Lindsay.


I came home and set everything out to see what I was going to do with it. Of course I wasn't downstairs in my studio I was at the kitchen desk with the new granite counter and yes, Mr. Hubby discovered me there and wasn't quite happy but I explained that I just wanted to see my new things. Yes, I did end up making a mess right there but I cleaned it up. lol :o) I decided to try a direct transfer image process. I applied some gel and then placed my laser toner copy right side down into the gel and let it dry completely. (Yes you can use a heat dryer to speed the process if you are anxious.) When the image and gel are dry you merely wet the paper and lightly scrub it off with a toothbrush or sponge. When all the paper is off you are left with the ink image left on your surface (mine is my art journal which is an old calendar book from 2005 of Monet paintings). If you scrub too hard you remove some of the ink but I think that merely adds to the character of the image.

Then I painted in the image with my new fluid acrylic paints. After that I used the fluid acrylic paint to stamp with and put lots of butterfly prints all around my painted image. I think it looks better in person than it shows here in the photo.
At this time I have lots of ideas and projects for my new Golden products.
Check out their website: www.goldenpaints.com

I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July with family, friends, parades, fireworks and food.




1 comment:

  1. That's quite a haul of goodies! You got great results with your transfer I haven't done a lot of image transfer work, I should add that to my list of techniques to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.