Monday, August 11, 2014

Halloween Happening Here...


Pumpkin Patch ATC.  I was playing in my studio and wondering what I shall be creating for a couple of Halloween swaps I am participating in this month.  Yes this is August but now-a-days holidays happen much sooner than their actual month such as October for Halloween.  I put together this little ATC which is still one of my favorite things to create.  Mr. C who normally can't be bothered with anything I am making came along and said this is really cute.  So now we are keeping this for ourselves.  Thank you Mr. C.


Here is how I function...or not...in my studio.  I have shared many times that this worktable Mr. C custom built for me is about 5' x 9' and just my height so as not to have to bend over and hurt my back.  How I manage to fill the entire surface is beyond my comprehension.  I merely begin to gather my supplies and the next thing I know I am working in a tiny little space of inches.  Does this happen to you or am I all alone?
 

Here is the other end of my huge table.  If there is any horizontal surface I manage to fill it up.  Right now I also have a 4' x 8' folding banquet table in this same room and I completely filled the top of it too.  Other projects that I will share soon.  This has to be some sort of affliction.  I am trying my best to use what I have and not buy something for everything I think I need.  If I am organized I realize I already have something that will work just fine.  My goal for the short term is to sort and purge as I am going along.  I managed to complete one little shelf in the cabinet you see in the background.  Hey one little shelf is better than nothing and it is a beginning.  Why do I save so much?  Our local Neighborhood Center of the Arts will be receiving some crafty donations very soon.  I have given them lots through the years and they are always so very grateful.  Yarns and thread cones for their weaving programs along with beads and papers and such.  There is a lot of talent in these very artistic people.  I shall be donating all my polymer clay supplies as I am not using them myself.  


Here are some ATC's I completed.  I really had fun creating these little Artist Trading Cards.  Now I really must concentrate on the swaps I need to mail in a week or sooner.  Halloween theme and Orange...certainly I can put together some fun destash for this challenge.  Remembering to "use the good stuff"!
Our weather has been quite nice for August.  Not too hot but just right.  Of course we are still bone dry here.  Mr. C and I have been doing some repairs at the pond.  The deer and bears break down the edging around the walkway each year.  So Mr. C has been pounding stakes into our extremely hard clay dirt and making all better...except his thumb he hit with the sledge hammer.  How he has such strong bones that don't break or crush is a blessing indeed.  He doesn't even complain...after the intial barage of expletives!  Bless this man who works so hard.  I have been picking up pine needles, leaves and tiny little rocks to help him. Our home is my joy and I truly am a homebody.  Traveling is wonderful however being home is where I am happiest.  I hope your Summer/Winter is bringing you some wonderful and refreshing hours of joy.
Creative Bliss and lets make something that brings us pure pleasure...

28 comments:

  1. Boy, are you on top of your game!!! I can't even begin to fathom the fall holidays yet, my friend! Good for you - the ATC's are delightful, as always! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your ATC's are fabulous!! I love the designs of every one of them!! The one you are keeping is adorable!! Love those faces!!

    I craft the exact same way...all of the supplies are crowded everywhere on my workspace and I have one little area that I clean off to work. As soon as I put everything away, I end up with same mess when I start the next project :) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry. I can't believe you are so ahead on your swaps. I have not even began ours. I hope I can pull it through before the end of the month. Unfortunately with my daughter I have been crazy busy (seeing doctors and so on). Love your ATC's. They are so fun looking.
    My desk is always with a project or 2 or even 3 on it. Although I do have to say that I am extremely neat and before bed it is all put away and organized again.
    Our weather is so hot and humid its horrible to be outside. Glad MR. C is Ok. Happy crafting hugs to you, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ATCs, Sherry. You do beautiful work. Your choice of materials and layouts are always so interesting and eye catching ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. October!!! yikes. But my mister is also saying it is time to prepare for the next season which so soon brings the white stuff. MY flat surfaces diminish very quickly to a small 18 inch work area. Indeed an affliction! Create away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ATC's are all so cute and I'm most definitely lusting after your huge work desk. Mine is only a tiny , tiny space to start with and even smaller when trying to work on it. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry, I love these ATC's. Yes, your work space is FABULOUS!! Would love to stand opposite you and play at your table!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ATC's are adorable!!! So clever!!!! Can't wait to see what you get back from the swap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ATC's are adorable!!! So clever!!!! Can't wait to see what you get back from the swap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ATCs are wonderful! I can never push myself to do halloween early but once I start it pains me when it is over and I have to quit, doesn't make much sense but that's how it is for me. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. trying to picture your room with such a large table and then I read another table, what a joy to be able to spread out like you do and I am sure all your wonderful creativity that so inspires goes on here. Very nice halloween projects, here in the UK it is not celebrated as much as in the USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, the fruit of your creative labors. FUN x 18!

    Here's the answer you can comprehend: The reason you, er I, er we fill up the ENTIRE surface is -- HELLO-- because it's there! =) YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

    Hugs and happy week,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely! I am so behind this year....just now starting on Fall. Looks like your game plan is well underway!!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would not be good at those kinds of swaps as I can never think that far in advance of a holiday to do anything. Your ATCs turned out so cute. I'm the same when it comes to filling space. I am constantly cleaning off the loveseat I sit on to crochet. But in no time, I have balls of yarn, bits of paper, magazines and all sorts of stuff stacked next to me. Jingles tries to shimmy her way in to sit next to me, so then I try to clean it up all over again. It's hard to keep organized, that's for sure. I am also trying to use what I have on hand. I have tons of stuff to create with. Just need to get creative in using it all. Have a terrific Tuesday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' your halloween spirit and ATC's Sherry! You rock, as usual!!!! And,myes, I am working on INCHES in my art room now... I actually think that is the biggest reason for my lack of creativity lately: clutter! I have colorful hydrangeas here, and each one reminds me of you, my friend. Peace and love, k

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mr. C is right- this is cute! And you are right, too, the time flies by so fast you need to be ready. You are certainly not alone in the work space issue. I spend an awful lot of time trying to tame the beast and keep my fabrics and paper supplies and equipment organized and sorted. The Arts Center where you donate sounds like a wonderful program.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little ATCs are absolutely wonderful!!! Making those could certainly be addictive!
    I always had a problem with filling up my workspace too. I think it's a universal problem! (In fact, I had a breakfast bar that my husband would fill up with things he brought in from work. I finally put a little sign on it that simply said, "NO". It worked for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sherry I love your Halloween ATC's! You work like I do with stuff everywhere, lol!!! I think that is part of the creative process, at least it is for me and apparently YOU too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your cute ATC's for Halloween, but so very early! I know it will be here soon. Yes I do the same in my craft room no matter how much space I end up with a small square to work on. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, such beautiful ATC's! Your table looks a lot like my sewing area. We just have to spread things out to get creative, don't we!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW...Lots of Halloween crafting going on...Love your ATC's they are amazing..I posted my swap out today.... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. My craft table looks the same once I get going! Your ATC are great...Yikkes Halloween, the last blog I read was working on Christmas stuff for her Church bazaar! Hope hubbies thumb is Ok! Ouch

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, you are not alone, Sherry, in your supplies affliction. I seem to have projects piled hither and thither in my art room, and noticed with horror that they seem to be spreading into other rooms...!!
    Your Hallowe'en ATC's are fabulous! Boy, you're on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sherry, your ATCs are so adorable. Halloween is just the most fun time for creative fun.

    I definitely can related to starting out with a roomy creative space and soon finding myself with only inches. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Halloween already?! I'm in shock, but your ATCs are very inspiring! You are always ahead and so organized, Sherry! So happy to see I'm not the only one who spreads out to take up all available space!
    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just love your studio and all your creations. They are all such fun. l also find myself working in a small space after I have covered my table with all the crafty stuff I've dragged out, lol.

    I'm having a blast creating for you this month, and am just about finished. :) Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.