Thursday, April 23, 2015

Crochet Button Flowers & Mail...


What is it about crafts that I see and then want...need...must try to make?  I have seen these little crocheted button flowers several places.  However it is the prolific flower garden that Diane of Lace-lovin' Librarian blog is crocheting.  I have linked her blog so you can check it out for yourself.  Diane also does the amazing tatting so be prepared to feast your eyes on beautiful creations made of thread.
Mr. C and I had a road trip to take so I thought it would be fun to take along the supplies for crocheting some button flowers.  They don't take up much room and I always like to have something to be doing (not reading) while I am not driving.  As you can see I am using a size 8 thread and these very small hooks which I believe are a size 8 and 9. 


Here is my limited flower garden.  I didn't even crochet these on the road trip or while gone.  What I thought would be a really good project turned out to be too tiny and tedious for me to see and maneuver while in a moving car.  We had lots of traffic and tons of stop and go hours on the freeways of Southern California.  I seriously believe the "freeways" are not appropriately named.


I do like these little flowers and have lots of ideas for using them in my crafting and sewing.  Maybe a nice bright sunny day I can sit on the deck and crochet a few.   I am having fun putting colors together...thinking of Nature and her lovely color combinations.   What would you use these little flowers for?


I am continuing to participate in April 2014 National Letter Writing Month.  This is some of the fun mail I have received.  The piece up front is a wooden surfboard mailed just like it is.  I have a wonderful pen pal this year.  Thank you Stacy!  I have more mail to share in the next post.
Looks like everyone in this hemisphere is enjoying Spring.  And my friends on the opposite side are enjoying Fall.  Our weather is Sunny and Dry. 
I must get busy as I have so much to get caught up with.  Yes, all the laundry and chores but also reading my favorite blogs and I have some studio time to enjoy.  It seems I have promised a few projects and I must truly get creative.  Ahhh...Creative Bliss!  Enjoy my friends...

21 comments:

  1. Your little black and yellow number makes me think of bumble bees. We have loads in the garden here at the moment with one queen bee managing to find her way into under the eaves
    and into the attic. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta get up there/down there/over there so you can teach me to crochet, beautiful Sherry!

    Hugs from Arkansas,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable, I do that all the time, make something and then think...Now, what am I going to do with these? I think these would be adorable on a little girls dress or sweater, as a frig magnet, on pot holders....Just a few ideas. I can't wait to see what other ideas people come up with

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you have as much fun with the button flowers as I do! I don't get a lot of creative ideas. So far I've only attached them to headbands and hair clips, but I have thought of attaching them to t-shirts and embroidering stems and leaves. I also thought they'd make cute note cards. I hope you and your readers come up with some marvelous ideas that will help me decide what to do with my button flower garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crocheted flowers are soooooo sweet! Will be fun to see what you do with them. Since I love paper so much I was thinking they would be cute embellishments on a card or atc, but I could also see them on a plain fabric purse or tote. Lots of possibilities ---- more creative bliss for you! xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable! I can imagine how difficult they would be to work on while under those driving conditions. I can see using them on clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been enjoying Diane's flower buttons, and now yours! They are so cute. You could use them as decorative buttons on anything--clothes, ATC's, fabric postcards, as a tie-back for curtains, to make streamers of buttons for a door cover (instead of strung beads...lol) on a valance, a fancy belt for a girl's dress, as a hem band or neck band on a dress or blouse, to decorate a pouch or tote, to cover rips in a pair of jeans, or just decorate a jean jacket, to button up a fancy neck scarf, on a necklace,.....gee, the possibilities are endless..........
    I have got to learn how to do more crocheting!
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful crocheted flowers Sherry. Those would look cute sewn to the right quilt or on a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun, the flowers! I think stop and go traffic with sharp crochet hooks (the tiny ones especially) is probably another problem, besides the eyesight thing, my friend! ;-) Happy Friday...hope you got some rain the past few days - we got a sprinkling...could have used more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry, Your little crocheted button flowers are just adorable! That Diane is so inspiring, isn't she? :) I think a bunch of them arranged in a bouquet on a pretty piece of cardstock, would look very pretty framed. Whimsical, adorable art! ...Still rain dancing for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home! The joys of road trips -" leisurely enjoying the scenery" is loosely translated into "stuck in traffic"...
    I do love your button flowers - they're adorable! I hope you have many long wonderful hours of enjoying the scenery from your deck crafting a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your flowers. I'm thinking on your wrist- join them for a pretty bracelet, or add them to a cuff. I can see what you mean about making these in the car- not every handwork project lends itself to that, and this is one of them. I tried embroidery on a bus trip to a quilt shop once, the results were not pretty. Your mail is very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, the flowers look so beautiful!! I love the colors you've used!! They would look beautiful on so many different projects!! I wish I could send you some of the rain we are getting. Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sherry, wow I love these button flowers. What a sweet assortment you crocheted. The colors you pulled together are so pretty. You sure received some wonderful gifts in the mail too.
    Have a nice weekend.Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not seen crocheted flowers like these before, they are special, very nice. Good on you with your letter writing not many of us write letters these days such a shame really, I seem to only have to fill my fountain pen once in a blue moon now and that is usually for birthday cards not letters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute buttons but they don't even tempt me. good for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the link! Wow what beautiful things she creates...love the Easter eggs. She mentions she is tatting a glass mat...what is that?
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot to mention, I love the black button with yellow petals...Sunflower or Black Eyed Susan!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your flowers are adorable, dear Sherry, so lovely in all the different colours, and what fun post you have recieved ,my friend, -how fun to participate in this .
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your little flowers are so pretty and would make perfect embellishments for any project really xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your crochet. My brain just gets lost when I try it. But I can knit. Does that count.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.