Thursday, April 9, 2015

Money Cake & Scarf...


This is a "Money Cake" created by my lovely Granddaughter Amber for her sister Amy's Bridal Shower recently.  I think the gift of time to carefully roll all those $1 bills and then form them into this cake is the true gift of love.  The total of $200 is an extra nice gift for the Bride-to-Be Amy. Amber you did an amazing job on this!


I am a very proud Grandma to these two Granddaughters...Amy (25) holding her money cake and sister Amber (27) hugging her.  I love the fact that these two girls are sharing their love and smiles!  I love them both more than words can express!


Amy also received this "Money Scarf" which was created with Washi tape holding the bills together and then taped into the lid of a really cute stand-up box so that when she removed the lid money just kept coming.  I'd say Amy did very well at her Bridal shower.  There were lots of guests and she got lots of cash for the upcoming Caribbean Honeymoon in June.  My daughter hosted this at her home and of course went all out decorating in the tropical theme.  She also had amazing food and drinks with Dan (her man) as the bartender to all the ladies.  I wasn't able to attend but you can be certain I will be at the wedding!
My Granddaughter Amber is also participating in NLWM 2015 this year.  I think she is going to love and surprise her pen pal with some fabulous letters.  I was late mailing this week.  Our Winter was a "One Day Wonder".  We had four inches of snow and it was heavy and wet.  Because the trees are already leafed out there were lots of damaged limbs falling.  Our Statement Crepe Myrtle had its mother branch split in two and break off in opposite directions.  Mr. C contributes the catastrophe to the heavy snow and the very drought dry trunk of the tree.  I do hope we can salvage part of it. 
Creative Bliss on this beautiful April day...

20 comments:

  1. beautiful grand daughters! What a unique gift idea!! I think I might snitch this idea lol,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a money cake or money scarf before... very clever, and far more useful than a toaster! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely and creative g-babies you've got there! Congratulations on the upcoming marriage, Sherry!

    Hugs and happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea to make a money cake. i have never seen that. I have seen diaper cakes but not money. very cute. How nice for sisters to love each other and get along.
    Hope you are able to save your tree as well. We did get some rain, but nothing like we would have wanted here in Miami, Florida. I am hoping we do get some more tomorrow. have a wonderful weekend.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea is that money cake and scarf!Your granddaughters are so sweet.Lucky you to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog :) Its good to be back. Also nice to follow my crafty friends blogs again. What a wonderful special gift your grandaughter gave to her sister. How lovely to see such love and closeness between two sisters. You have every right to be so very very proud of them, they are special, as are you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the tree and so pleased with grand daughters who love and share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That money cake is W O W !! I would find it so diffucult to destroy, but at least they'll always have the photos. Beautiful granddaughters, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonder-cake, dear , and what a clever granddaughter, too. Her sister must have been totally overwhelmed seing it, and the money-box,too - I`m sorru for you, you could not be there .
    Also sorry your beautiful tree,broke, because of the snow , and hoping your husbond is right in believing it will grow on !!
    Happy weekend my friend.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry what a fun and thoughtful gift to make/receive! So cute and very useful too. My daughter's name is Amber too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of a money cake or a money scarf (both great ideas!) but I've made a money tree before for a shower.Your DGDs seem to have inherited your creative genes. Hope your crepe myrtle can be saved.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos, and a good time. Had not heard of a money cake or money scarf- cute ideas.Those late snows do cause a lot of damage, hope the tree survives.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this money cake idea.. Please tell Amber that she has done a magnificent job.. Looks beautiful.. I am sure it was very time consuming, but worth it.
    Your grand daughters are beautiful. Wishing you a peaceful weekend.
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Money is definitely the perfect gift. How strange about your snow now. Crazy weather We have another blah day of dust. Yuck! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun theme and fun gifts for a shower. Your granddaughters are lovely. They look so young. I hope that your tree makes it through.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What creative ideas for a shower!! I love the money cake and the money scarf!! How fun!! Your granddaughters are so beautiful!! I really hope you are able to save your Crepe Myrtle. Have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful granddaughters and what great ideas for gifts! I really like the money cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a creative way to give money...cute! Much better than just sticking the money in an envelope. Definitely a gift of love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The money cake turned out beautiful! What a work of love. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now thats what I call a cake. So creative. must run in the family!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.